What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We really need some reform in the laws. Congress should not be above the law or have special privileges not afforded to other citizens. They shouldn't be able to give themselves pay raises while refusing to let other people get pay raises. They also should have to pass the same test immigrants take to naturalize and they should have to pass the same background security clearance checks that federal employees have to pass in order to run for office. Same goes for president and any elected official. If they can't qualify to work in the federal govt they can't qualify to be elected. And since they insist that federal employees have to be drug tested, they should also be drug tested. I bet the majority of the current members of congress would be disqualified under those three things (civics test, background check, & drug tests).

I try to avoid sunlight like the plague. I always cover up as much as possible when I go outside. I burn far too easily. I used to get very tan as a kid though. I loved that swimming pool in California.

I just emailed the Turks Caicos government and told them I’d never consider vacationing on their islands and that I’m petitioning our government to issue a travel advisory and to discourage Americans from visiting.

I suggest each of you do the same.
Especially if they are carrying a couple 9mm rounds!

And back to plumbing....
Allthough I was advised to not do this...
1) I did a power flush of my 24 year old maytag water heater .
2) drained tank
3) unhooked the hot water outlet
4) ran a camera down through that hot water outlet
What I found...
1) Very little sediment at hose outlet
2) top and bottom elements Shiney clean
3) dip tube is straight down with a curve on the bottom
4) sides of tank looks good (for what I could see)
I did see some sediment by the bottom element, it looked more like a handful of steel wool.
Pictures are not great, but pretty hard to take a pic, and hold the camera still. My wife tried, but that was not successful.
I believe there is still some life left in this ol heater.
Took about an hour to reheat the 50 gallons back to 140

Attachments

• Resized_20240509_133507_1715283234907.jpeg
    Resized_20240509_133507_1715283234907.jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20240509_133537_1715283193322.jpeg
    Resized_20240509_133537_1715283193322.jpeg
    836.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20240509_134459_1715283176522.jpeg
    Resized_20240509_134459_1715283176522.jpeg
    973.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20240509_140710_1715283108277.jpeg
    Resized_20240509_140710_1715283108277.jpeg
    963.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20240509_135127_1715283042787.jpeg
    Resized_20240509_135127_1715283042787.jpeg
    815.2 KB · Views: 0
I don't even want to know what the inside of my water heater looks like. It's probably disgusting.

My friend's wife is still waiting for the doctors to make a decision about what they will do and if they will remove the dead fetus or if they will just let her die from it rotting inside of her. She's already thrown up 9 times today and can't keep anything down. This is killing her and its so frustrating.

I don't even want to know what the inside of my water heater looks like. It's probably disgusting.

My friend's wife is still waiting for the doctors to make a decision about what they will do and if they will remove the dead fetus or if they will just let her die from it rotting inside of her. She's already thrown up 9 times today and can't keep anything down. This is killing her and its so frustrating.
Good grief, how is it even a consideration...
This kind of stuff, just makes me sick.

She better find a real doctor……

Criminal. Sad, very sad.

I ordered some fish eggs (Ikra, salmon roe) from the West Coast. It arrived early this morning packed in three pounds of frozen carbon dioxide or dry ice.

This amount of dry ice will sublimate and put up about 1000 liters of CO2 into the atmosphere. I am surprised the climate change fanatics aren't trying to shut this method of shipment down.

And now I'm off to have some fun with my dry ice!

I ordered some fish eggs (Ikra, salmon roe) from the West Coast. It arrived early this morning packed in three pounds of frozen carbon dioxide or dry ice.

This amount of dry ice will sublimate and put up about 1000 liters of CO2 into the atmosphere. I am surprised the climate change fanatics aren't trying to shut this method of shipment down.

And now I'm off to have some fun with my dry ice!
All I have to say is YUK ... I thought only snooty rich people ate that nasty stuff.

Latest posts

Back