What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks! What looked to me like a little pea-sized spot on my right ear ended up requiring two go-rounds and an incision about two and a half inches long across the top of the ear and two layers of stitches to close. Doc said, and I quote, “Your ear may look a little different than it did before”. Master of understatement I’d guess.

I don't mean to laugh, but damn, when we were kids, we use to lather up with baby oil mixed with iodine, and bake in the sun from sunup to sundown. We are all now dealing with issues as a result of sun worshiping.

That looks painful, well you can grow your hair out to cover it, if it bugs you. Hopfully this is the fix for it.
Sadly, I can only grow a few hpsi, hairs per square inch, at this point so I’ll have to deal with it. My wife, on the other hand………. may start looking for a newer model 🤣

I just emailed the Turks Caicos government and told them I’d never consider vacationing on their islands and that I’m petitioning our government to issue a travel advisory and to discourage Americans from visiting.

I suggest each of you do the same.

What was the sentence?
They’re holding several Americans in jail because a few stray rounds of ammunition was found in their luggage from prior hunting vacations.

They haven’t been to trial but face up to 12 years in prison. Meanwhile their families are back at home here in the United States while they sit in jail in the Turks. F those people.,…..I say send 100 Special Forces and Apache attack helicopters in……I’d teach those kooks a lesson

They’re holding several Americans in jail because a few stray rounds of ammunition was found in their luggage from prior hunting vacations.

They haven’t been to trial but face up to 12 years in prison. Meanwhile their families are back at home here in the United States while they sit in jail in the Turks. F those people.,…..I say send 100 Special Forces and Apache attack helicopters in……I’d teach those kooks a lesson
Thought I'd see this on the news...but nothing.... I guess since its not russia or mid-east .....

blueskyhigh, Yikes about the ear thing! I hope it heals quickly. That does look painful. My late elderly friend went to have some cancer removed and never fully woke up from the procedure. First off, the VA didn't detect 20 blockages and second, the cardiologist who cleared him for the procedure didn't actually run any tests. They never would have done it if they'd known he had heart/blood flow problems. The doctor who did the surgery later looked at the scans and realized that the cardiologists had missed or not reported the blockages. He'd wanted to be at home so they sent him home to pass. He cracked his eyes open and made a joke to my mother before closing his eyes again and then a few days later he passed away.

I live on a little over 31 acres (close to 32). The barn was quite large and we had a whole side yard for the chickens including a pond. Fences have been moved around and the deadbeat tenants did something to the pond so it no longer holds water. We came back and it was dried up. We think they tried to dig in it and broke through the clay layer right to the sand layer. Not sure why they did that, but they did a lot of things that didn't make sense. They also altered our fencelines and cut down all the Christmas trees that grew in the northwest field.
This is my yard from google earth:
1715198126710.png
This is a rough outline of the property. I think I have it a bit crooked at the top.
1715198498449.png
In the past the areas filled in with trees were mostly open fields. Without all the goats and other livestock to eat seeds and weeds, the trees took over most of the yard. We used to have a chicken house but a tree from outside the yard fell on it. A dead tree from outside the yard pretty much killed the barn as well.

Been feeling cruddy the past few days. Mom was told to increase her insulin dose to 20 to see if it helps get her blood sugar down. It has been consistently high since getting out of the hospital. Last few days neither of us have had much appetite. Some kind of stomach bug or maybe the allergies causing all the post nasal drip. Flowers are blooming and pollen is everywhere. I've felt too cruddy to work on painting the door. Although, the tool for taking the screws off is supposed to come in today. Ooh, I just checked and its ready for pickup at the post office. I'll have to go get it.

The sink-o-de-mayo stuff has me cracking up.

Been through that. Had a silver dollar's size removed. Basically painless. Great process.
Agreed.. As an aside, I’ve been getting a lot of advertisements for the “GentleCare” process where they use high energy focused x-rays to kill the lesion. It takes up to thirty (30) treatments and doesn’t go deep enough in all cases to get it all. Mohs is the best as far as I am concerned!

I just emailed the Turks Caicos government and told them I’d never consider vacationing on their islands and that I’m petitioning our government to issue a travel advisory and to discourage Americans from visiting.

I suggest each of you do the same.
You will get the same letter that I received when I wrote a letter to California Congressperson Judy Chu. Her response to me was essentially, "I don't give a **** about you or the horse you rode in on."
Damn Communist!

Back