What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw on the news that people have been calling 911 and the police about the noise from the cicadas. They haven't emerged here yet. Saw a few many years back so I know they do live in the area. They've never bothered me much, but back in the day we used to hear crickets and frogs all the time. Most of them have been killed though.

I got up early, made breakfast for Mom, cleaned my shower, and am currently waiting for it be time to head into town for my doctor appointment. Regular checkup thing. Trying to get Gravy Jones to get his butt out of the way of my monitor. He finally decided to lie down and not hold his butt up in the way.

Rupert is happily lying over me and purring.

Yesterday I started trying to replace the cam cover gasket on my daughters ATS... I thought it was going to be a simple job... NOT!... I'm thinking I may need to lower the engine a couple inches to remove the vacuum pump to remove the cover... There's one bolt that I can not access on the pump. Stupid engineers who made this car.

Jeeps are different because I don't take other vehicles into places where my Jeep is comfortable going, places that can break things more readily than a paved road.
I do take my Jeep off-road but I don't beat it up... too much.

Attachments

• 278406068_393200095958558_1051867798843604000_n.jpg
    278406068_393200095958558_1051867798843604000_n.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 0
Its tough working on newer cars these days. It probably takes a special tool to get to that bolt.
It's not like the cars I worked on when I was a mechanic... I replaced a ball joint on my daughters Ram 2 days ago and the grease fitting is a new design... WTF???

Never too old for tools! I did give my grandson a 200 piece Craftsman Mechanics Tool set, which had never been opened recently. I bought it about 10 years ago at a 50% off sale at Sears, which is now out of business? He loves the set and I already have a 6' roll away 20 drawer cabinet stuffed with most tools imaginable, so I sure didn't need it.

Never too old for tools! I did give my grandson a 200 piece Craftsman Mechanics Tool set, which had never been opened recently. I bought it about 10 years ago at a 50% off sale at Sears, which is now out of business? He loves the set and I already have a 6' roll away 20 drawer cabinet stuffed with most tools imaginable, so I sure didn't need it.
But a 200 piece set.. your a gem to give that away. I love my original craftsman stuff.

One can never have too many tools. I picked up one of these for $25 at the local hardware store:

The jeep thing reminded me of this video:

Good news from the doctor is that everything but my sugar looks good. I did get back up over 200lbs but only by 3lbs. I need to work on exercising more. I was prescribed Ozempic -- once weekly injection. I hate needles and I was hesitant at first but managed to give myself the first shot today. Didn't hurt but felt weird. That spot still feels strange but it could be psychosomatic.

Did Mom's laundry last night but forgot to take her stuff out of the dryer. Went to bed fairly early but Mom woke me up around 2:30am because she got confused on the order of things with her dexcom sensor. It still had a few more hours to go and she forgot that she's supposed to put the new sensor on before the "grace period" for the old sensor is over and then wait a few hours and take the old one off. But she took the old one off, couldn't figure out how to get the new one on and paged me. She also lost the adhesive patch for the new sensor so I had to get one out of a box from a defective sensor. She also forgot that she's supposed to clean the new spot with an alcohol swab first. So I had to do that and get hte new one on and adhesive on and then go back to bed. Around 8am I got up and got her laundry out of the dryer, folded it, took it to her room, and fed the kitties.

Racked out until a few minutes before noon. Got up and got her some breakfast. My body feels stiff and sluggish so I'm going to nap a bit more. The rainstorms are lulling me to sleep.

That Ozempic diet is really a fad these days. Be careful and read the fine print. I'm seeing lots of major illnesses with people taking them. Constant pains in gut, heart issues, disorientation, etc.

That Ozempic diet is really a fad these days. Be careful and read the fine print. I'm seeing lots of major illnesses with people taking them. Constant pains in gut, heart issues, disorientation, etc.
I agree, Olympic has some bad stories. Be carefully with it. We're you having problems keeping your sugar down ? What were you on ?
I'm taking the good ol standard metformin. 1000mg 2x a day.
But I take some suppliments too. R-lipoic acid, benfotiamine, berberine.
I used to take chromium, but never saw much from that.

My neighbor is paying $600 a week for the weight loss, er, blood sugar shot. She has lost 50 pounds in 3 weeks. Now she is afraid to go in public because people are singing that Ozempic song, which is embarrassing to her. By hiding from the public, people will think she is working hard on the treadmill. I really don't care as long as you are healthier. I too am down 55 pounds since last July, by walking 3-4 miles a day. Today it was a 5 miler. I'm enjoying the endorphins running thru my body.

My neighbor is paying $600 a week for the weight loss, er, blood sugar shot. She has lost 50 pounds in 3 weeks. Now she is afraid to go in public because people are singing that Ozempic song, which is embarrassing to her. By hiding from the public, people will think she is working hard on the treadmill. I really don't care as long as you are healthier. I too am down 55 pounds since last July, by walking 3-4 miles a day. Today it was a 5 miler. I'm enjoying the endorphins running thru my body.
I took up hiking a few years ago... Never felt better! Great trails everywhere.

Back