What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bed is essentially foam and air. It has a 15 year guarantee, no questions asked. The new Sleep Number has balance controls, so if you adjust for back sleeping, then roll to your side, the pressure will regulate immediately so you soften the pressure points. Your connected phone also tells you how many times you tossed and turn, which stops you from getting the good REM sleep. They have come a long way, but considering 1/3rd of your life in in bed, may as well make it comfortable. Damn, I sound like a bed salesman now! Sorry!
No, it's good to hear all the aspects of it. Not sure if ibwould want to get the one that bends, so I would be around 5k.
I called to see what a new pillowtop would be for mine..1k.
We just spent an hour, tearing it apart and readjusting pieces. Therexare lots of foam layers in mine. 1 on bottom, air chambers, memory foam, eggcrate type foam, then pillow top that has a layer of foam. Plus foam boarders inside the mattress cover. It actually feels much better. But we're going out, maybe we will stop at the store and see how they feel. That self adjusting on a roll sounds like a plus though. The air pump must be very quiet, so you don't hear it when it adjusts.

I had one of those mattresses years ago. I hope they have come a long way, because ours sucked. One day I just got a new mattress and bundled up that POS and stuck it out on the curb.

I had one of those mattresses years ago. I hope they have come a long way, because ours sucked. One day I just got a new mattress and bundled up that POS and stuck it out on the curb.
Some people love them, some hate them. Might depend on the brand, and top or bottom of the line.
The very first one I had wasn't much more than a mattress cover that zipped up around the air bag... and that looked like a pool float.
But I used that for a few years. It replaced my waterbed. It's in a box in my basement now.

Tempurpedic sucks. Over time, the miracle foam degrades.

I found some American Standard plumbing that I had to adjust but I do like the toilet’s footprint. Anyone know what model it is?

The sink and faucet were GBR brand.

IMG_7328.jpegIMG_7331.jpeg

a lot of the stores in my area use the AS brand toilets and they always splash when they flush. Sucks when they automatically flush while I'm sitting on them.

The havasu fish stuff amused me. Just picturing 3-eyed fish for some reason.

Mom does not know how much she owes for taxes (or if she even owes anything). But here, even if you don't owe anything, if you don't file on time they charge you fines.

She said they will not e-mail her any of the info she needs and won't tell her over the phone. It has to be via snail mail (which sometimes never gets here) or via fax. We don't have a fax machine. I am trying to see if we can get stuff faxed to the nearest H&R Block office. Mom is too busy playing Sheriff of Mahjong and watching videos on Youtube to get her butt in gear and make the calls to find out or to get off her butt and go with me to the H&R Block place since they don't like to give info over the phone. I want her to bring her info from her 2022 tax stuff to show them who needs to be contacted and see if they can help her to get the 1099Rs and whatever else she needs.

I am trying to look in to setting up an online fax account to get taxes sent via e-mail though. There's something called iFax that has a free trial. I want to make sure all of the places Mom can contact can send via fax though. Anyone tried a free online tax thing? Even if we only activate it for a short time it might be worth it.

Meanwhile, I had to take one of the cats to the vet about her ear. She was not happy. AC people came back with the old housing and new motor, squirrel cage, & brain. Well "new" as in replacement. They found used parts. Total was $600 flat for the parts and labor. The replacement motor is much louder than the old one, but it works so I'm fine with that.

It’s a lot cheaper and easier to just crap and pee outside in the bushes. Think about it……don’t be apart of the system…

So, I decided to see if the local H&R Block tax preparing place could help Mom with her situation. Walked in there and the lady at the desk was giving us stink eye a bit. I explained the situation-- or tried to. Before I could finish a sentence a man across the room started saying "Nope nope nope nope". And the lady at the desk said "He's the owner". And the guy says "I know it says H&R Block on the building but we have no affiliation". Proceeds to tell me that if we filed our taxes with H&R Block online last year, they would not help us with our taxes this year. Wouldn't let me explain that we were willing to pay them to do the 2023 taxes if they could help us retrieve the info and the guy just shut it down. Said they were an accounting firm or some crap. Must be a front for something else I guess. But I'm going to report it to H&R Block bc that is straight up fraud.

Went home and found the trash bag that had the stuff from Mom's desk. Dumped it out in my gorilla cart and sorted through. Found a bunch of stuff she threw out that should not have been thrown out-- cards from my uncle, from her sisters, a bluetooth dongle, etc. And I know she did it bc I didn't do it and bc it was at the very bottom of the bag (top of the pile when dumped). Searched through the pile 3x and did not find her tax forms. So, I have no idea where they are or what she did with them. I'm hoping maybe they will turn up in a cubby on her desk. but, tomorrow we are going to go through what she has from 2022, look at the addresses/contact info, and start making calls to see if we can request that the info be sent.

So, I decided to see if the local H&R Block tax preparing place could help Mom with her situation. Walked in there and the lady at the desk was giving us stink eye a bit. I explained the situation-- or tried to. Before I could finish a sentence a man across the room started saying "Nope nope nope nope". And the lady at the desk said "He's the owner". And the guy says "I know it says H&R Block on the building but we have no affiliation". Proceeds to tell me that if we filed our taxes with H&R Block online last year, they would not help us with our taxes this year. Wouldn't let me explain that we were willing to pay them to do the 2023 taxes if they could help us retrieve the info and the guy just shut it down. Said they were an accounting firm or some crap. Must be a front for something else I guess. But I'm going to report it to H&R Block bc that is straight up fraud.

Went home and found the trash bag that had the stuff from Mom's desk. Dumped it out in my gorilla cart and sorted through. Found a bunch of stuff she threw out that should not have been thrown out-- cards from my uncle, from her sisters, a bluetooth dongle, etc. And I know she did it bc I didn't do it and bc it was at the very bottom of the bag (top of the pile when dumped). Searched through the pile 3x and did not find her tax forms. So, I have no idea where they are or what she did with them. I'm hoping maybe they will turn up in a cubby on her desk. but, tomorrow we are going to go through what she has from 2022, look at the addresses/contact info, and start making calls to see if we can request that the info be sent.
To reply to your previous, I have used ifax a few times to send. It worked fine. Never tried it to recieve though. And I did it free. Seems like they gave you 7 days free .
. Not sure about the recieve part. But it looks ok. But it does look like there are 2 or 3 to pick from. They do seem to work. Just read through thier pitch.

Latest posts

Back