What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this part of the wedding party?

TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who police say was intoxicated has been hospitalized after being hit by a car in Temecula.

Police responded to a report of an intoxicated person near businesses in the area of Winchester and Ynez roads around 6 p.m. Friday. Police said upon arrival, an officer found the 33-year-old Murrieta man loitering. The officer made verbal contact with the man before he fled, police said.

The man ran across eastbound lanes of Winchester Road. He then attempted to cross westbound lanes when he was hit by a vehicle.

The man had major injuries and was taken to a local hospital, where is receiving treatment, police said. He will not be charged.

The driver of the car that hit the man was interviewed and released.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Temecula Police Department at (951) 696-3000.

(Copyright ©2014 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Was this part of the wedding party?

TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who police say was intoxicated has been hospitalized after being hit by a car in Temecula.

Police responded to a report of an intoxicated person near businesses in the area of Winchester and Ynez roads around 6 p.m. Friday. Police said upon arrival, an officer found the 33-year-old Murrieta man loitering. The officer made verbal contact with the man before he fled, police said.

The man ran across eastbound lanes of Winchester Road. He then attempted to cross westbound lanes when he was hit by a vehicle.

The man had major injuries and was taken to a local hospital, where is receiving treatment, police said. He will not be charged.

The driver of the car that hit the man was interviewed and released.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Temecula Police Department at (951) 696-3000.

(Copyright ©2014 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

I hope so, sounds like a stand up guy.

Congratulations, Chris!

I've been sick the past few days. I couldn't keep pepto bismol down. Couldn't keep ibuprofen down. Could barely keep water down. I had a fever last night but it finally broke. I tried peanutbutter but I still have the runs. I'm feeling better than I was yesterday but still pretty crappy.

My brother called and said that he brought our little chiweenie over to a friend's house and the friend's 4-year-old kept trying to charge at the dog. The dog kept growling at him and the kid wouldn't leave him alone despite being repeatedly told by everyone around to back off and stay away. The kid's mother gave the dog a piece of pizza crust and the dog tends to get very aggressive/territorial when it comes to food. They warned the kid about this but for some reason the kid went full retard and charged at the dog. The dog thought he was being attacked so he jumped up and bit the kid on the arm. There were no wounds though so it seems it was a warning nip. Maybe it will teach the kid to listen-- but probably not. The kid is pretty dumb. But the dog can't go over there again. We need to find out how to get him to be less aggressive.

Last edited:
I have been doing service work all day. It started with snaking two back to back bathrooms at our warehouse this morning, someone had obviously decided that it was okay to flush paper towels. Pulling up to one of my projects and the vice president called me and sent me to a home of a friend of his to fix the water heater. Now I am at an apartment complex that we built waiting on the maintenance man to do two low pressure calls.

Fixing broken waterlines that have froze and broke. One call an hour comin in. Got home at 8 pm. Wow. This must end

I would like to personally thank obamacare for pushing my insurance rates from 80 a month to $250.

Did he give you a free Obama phone as a bonus gift?

BTW, mine went up ~$200 more a month due to him as well.

Chris, that is a gorgeous car!

Ugh... Insurance rates went up? Just ugh.. I already couldn't afford insurance and my state has some of the highest insurance rates in the country. /facepalm

I'm waiting for my sister to get back from her massage therapy so we can maybe go to breakfast and catch a movie or do something. I'm tired of just sitting in her house. I went to the store the other day but was so dizzy I had to use one of those riding cart thingies.

of course, we have to finish watching the Avatar: The Last Airbender series on DVD... We watched like 3 disks last night.

My sister took me to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in 3D IMAX last night. The people in line in front of us were excited for me since it was my first time seeing a 3D movie.
There were a lot of things to nitpick, but I did enjoy the experience. It takes a bit of adjusting to get used to the whole 3D thing. It sort of felt like being near a stage production of a play.

Right now its 18 degrees out so I'm all snug in my onesie footie pajamas with penguins on the feet.

@ Chris, ugg. I am considering picking up a Chevy van, 3/4, 230K, with some metal storage inside of it, he is thinking $1000.

@Zanne, what did you think of the movie? I was so let down by the first Hobbit movie that I haven't been able to bring myself to go see this one.

I picked up a 2006 Chevy 2500 with a utility bed a few weeks back. 100k on it. An old gas company truck, its been great so far.

@Zanne, what did you think of the movie? I was so let down by the first Hobbit movie that I haven't been able to bring myself to go see this one.

It was entertaining but it strayed from the book quite a bit. My sister made a few snarky remarks. They decided to add an original female character and she was ok but they did something stupid with her. They added a lot more orc scenes and had drama that wasn't necessary. They kept having action for the sake of having action. There were some parts involving molten metal that made me facepalm and I had to shut down my inner critic that was saying things wouldn't work that way.

The 3D stuff was interesting. The bees flying at the audience thing did nothing for me since I expected it, but it was sort of like watching real people run by at times and was pretty neat. It made the action scenes more interesting although if things moved too fast it was harder to see because of the divider in the middle of the 3D glasses.

One of the drawbacks was that I had to turn my head to clearly see some of the action in front of me instead of just being able to lean back and watch without glasses. Maybe that is just because I'm not used to the whole 3D thing yet.

The special effects and 3D stuff looked fantastic and the thing was visually appealing. They sacrificed plot for the flash and bang though.

I don't know if I would pay to do the 3D thing for this movie if I had to do it over again. I think I'd just wait for it to be out on blue ray and watch it at home, but the experience and bonding with my sister was still fun.

On a side note, we saw a real estate listing for a 5 acre plot of land with a house that is over 2,000 sq ft for sale for $55k in Los Lunas. We went and tried to look at it from the outside and it has a lot of privacy fences. My sister contacted her real estate agent to find out what is wrong with the place. If it turns out the place is ok my mother is considering buying it. My sister wants us to move out here and its out of the mountains and warmer there. Crime rate in the Los Lunas city is pretty high and there were at least 8 registered sex offenders within 10 miles of the house (some of them were only like 2 miles away). Three of them were living near elementary schools. The village has more registered sex offenders than it has police officers. But, it didn't say what most of the people were registered for and I've seen a lot of the time that guys get registered for statutory rape rather than anything involving violence.

The place itself has tall gates with barbed wire on top and seems rather secure. We suspect it was used for illegal activities. The house across the street from it was burned down.

IF it turns out to be ok we do know of a builder that could expand the house and do some upgrades and it would still cost less than buying an empty lot and having a house built.

It has a well and septic tank though. We would probably get solar panels. The place even has a workshop and barn for horses. Not sure what condition they are in though.

I sent 30 questions to the real estate agency and am waiting to hear back. It sort of looks too good to be true.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back