What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean syphon on 6" AC.

when we laid the new line we pretty much laid it flat with just a hair of fall

The old line had really good fall to the gas line repair in 2nd photo.

You can see where it goes under a conduit and over the next . we ran it over the 1st one.

Buy the time we got to the other end about 130 ft away we where okay. Kind of flat but not backgraded.

We used him before. Old guy like myself with a lot of yrs experience. Must be loosing his touch

Not sure who ate the bullet on that. Boss doesn't talk about it. :cool:

It was all marked out by "Dig Alert" we had just said we need to stop and dig this out by hand when he found it.

A syphon is where you cut out the water line and use four 45's to reroute it under or over the sewer line. We do them all the time.

i am building a forge,to make knives, scored 2 barrels yesterday, meet a guy at a truck repair shop, who is over a huge truck grave yard
lots of steel...a playground for me..

ordered the fittings for the forge,

also came across an 18 wheeler brake drum and a pick up brake drum for the forge and fire pit

art 006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

forge 2 002.jpg

Last edited:
Frodo, that is awesome!!

I've been having problems with both of my satellite dishes (tv and internet). The tv one apparently gets signal from 3 separate satellites and wasn't getting signal from one because the crape mertles were in the way. Power company finally sent some people out to cut the trees. The guy on the ground was saying that the guy with the polesaw needed to make sure the view from the satellite mounted to the house was clear, but he didn't see the other satellite that was closer to the trees. They piled up branches in the yard that were up against the house. I noticed my internet wasn't working and found that they had left one of the branches that was cut off just stuck and hanging from the uncut branches and covering my internet satellite. I spent 15 minutes tugging and trying to get the damn branch down and ended up overheating and getting nauseous. The little branches kept breaking and I couldn't get enough force to pull it loose. I told my brother about the situation and he went out there ranting and raving about how he wanted to kick those guys in the balls and he managed to start pulling the branch down. I used a hoe to grab part of it and we managed to get the damn thing off of our satellite dish. A few hours later the technician for our ISP showed up to check our dish and said nothing was wrong. The problem seems to happen when it rains though-- but after those branches were cleared, the dish seemed to be working better and we weren't getting any messages about a "cable attenuation" problem. So nothing needed to be replaced.

It seems that the tv satellite is working better now, too.

And it seems that someone in the area has lost their horses because the three horses that showed up the other day are still in my yard. Nice horsies though-- unlike my late horse.

Today I received a letter from the Department of Motor Vehicles stating they could not renew my license until I got a Physical since I have a commercial driver license. I went down to my doctors office and gave him a hundred bucks to feel me up real good. (Funny that insurance doesn't cover physicals) So I leave there and head to the DMV to turn in my paperwork so there is no delay on getting my license back to good standing. After almost three hours of waiting I get to the front of the line and the doctor missed one box for how far I can see to the side of my left eye. Sent me away until I get it filled out. Went back to the doctors and had them write the number 90 in there and back to the DMV. Luckily the line was shorter by then. Got my license renewed and got out of there. Took me the entire day to turn in a paper, I wanted to kill someone.

Today I received a letter from the Department of Motor Vehicles stating they could not renew my license until I got a Physical since I have a commercial driver license. I went down to my doctors office and gave him a hundred bucks to feel me up real good. (Funny that insurance doesn't cover physicals) So I leave there and head to the DMV to turn in my paperwork so there is no delay on getting my license back to good standing. After almost three hours of waiting I get to the front of the line and the doctor missed one box for how far I can see to the side of my left eye. Sent me away until I get it filled out. Went back to the doctors and had them write the number 90 in there and back to the DMV. Luckily the line was shorter by then. Got my license renewed and got out of there. Took me the entire day to turn in a paper, I wanted to kill someone.

Man, that is just asinine. I'm glad you got it renewed at least. I would have been pretty irritated with the doctor for not remembering to check that box, but I'd also be irritated with the DMV for all the red tape.

i had let my license expire,it was a texas license.
and i had moved back to MS. I went to the DMV. with my old license and birth certificate.
the lady informed me, they could not use the expired licennse for ID.
I asked her why not? just because it was expired did not change who I was.
she looked confused.
so, I handed her my Birth certificate.
OH HELL,,,
I was born in france, certificate is in french.AND I have a DOD paper that says, what it says, in english..called a child born abroad by American parents
She did not like that.
wanted the certificate translated. so,she sent me to the local college language department.
I spent 4 hours and 20 bucks there
back to "the lady"
NOW, she says they no longer accept letters from the college. WTFH!!??
she informs me, I need to get a hold of the french government and get an ENGLISH certiface.
I got pissed and left
the next morning, I went to a different license station.
handed the lady my birth certiface and DOD form. 30 minutes later
I was driving home happy

I sat in row 42. They ran out of sandwiches by row 18. They are great at planning. Go Delta!

A syphon is where you cut out the water line and use four 45's to reroute it under or over the sewer line. We do them all the time.

OK.
The water wasn't the problem. It was 2" and 3" electrical conduit and an 8" transit water main right at the end of the run that was making it tough to get grade.

I'm posting from 38,000 feet. Do I win anything?

Where you going? to lazy to back track posts to find out.

Wife and I are headed for Spartanburg, South Carolina at the end of July.
Going to see if I can find a good deal on a Confederate flag. ;)

My unemployed step-daughter lives there now. Maybe we can get her to come home so we don't have to send her money to help pay her rent. We can just hand it to her.

OK.

The water wasn't the problem. It was 2" and 3" electrical conduit and an 8" transit water main right at the end of the run that was making it tough to get grade.

2" and 8" AC are easy. The conduit is the hard one to move.

Where you going? to lazy to back track posts to find out.

Wife and I are headed for Spartanburg, South Carolina at the end of July.

Going to see if I can find a good deal on a Confederate flag. ;)

My unemployed step-daughter lives there now. Maybe we can get her to come home so we don't have to send her money to help pay her rent. We can just hand it to her.

Dad had a heart attack in Florida. Wasn't doing well so I came out. Since I got here he has done a 180 and is doing much better.

Today I met phishfood at a gun shop/ museum and checked out a bunch of stuff I'm not allowed to buy in California. Then we went and had a few beers down the road. Good day and nice to meet you phish.

Who's next on the list? Maybe Havasu since he lives down the street from me yet avoids me.

Back