Storm Sewer Backs-Up Into Basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drain depth?/ probably not any deeper than they had to. look down the drain is there a p-trap or just a 90 turn. If you fill it with concrete, it's permanent.
you can plug it. look for a drain test plug. there are all sorts to choose from
If you can find the line close to where it leaves the building I would bring it up out of the floor and install a clean out with a screwed in plug. You never know if you need to clean/ rod out the drain coming from the perimeter tiles to the storm sewer. I would have that inspected with a camera just to see what kind of condition it's in.

You're probably right about the drain being broken below and that is why water is coming up through the cracks.

Good luck with that! Now go get 'r done

test plug.png

test plug1.png

attachment.php
I remember that game. Good observation frodo.

If you can find the line close to where it leaves the building I would bring it up out of the floor and install a clean out with a screwed in plug. You never know if you need to clean/ rod out the drain coming from the perimeter tiles to the storm sewer. I would have that inspected with a camera just to see what kind of condition it's in.
I should have thought of that. Reason enough to cut an extra hole in the floor. You never know when you might need or want to have access.

Thanks for your patience and all the helpful advice!

Back