Inlet and Outlet on Everhot under kitchen sink tank

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Trejo

Reaction score
Hi, I have an old Everhot system from 2003 that I'm finally getting around to installing (don't judge me, lol). It's been so long since I removed it, I can't recall what went where and I can't find any instructions that definitively answer my question anywhere. If you look at the top of the tank, there are two places to connect. I assume one is an inlet and the other is the outlet. There are no other connectors anywhere on the tank, and frustraingly...no labels either. I also have the dispenser we had hooked up to it that has hot and cold. It seems all the instructions and videos I can find online have the water supply going UP to the faucet cold, then from the faucet down to the tank, and then from the tank, back up to the faucet on the hot side (so 3 water lines on the dispenser). But if you look at my dispenser, I only have two lines, hot and cold, there is no return line. From looking at the schematic, I feel confident that the connector in the center of the tank is the inlet, and the one on the back right corner is the outlet, but I really don't want to assume. And I am NOT using the chiller, so the supply line will be coming directly from the filter to the tank, and then from the tank up to the hot side on the faucet. Is anyone able to confirm if the connector in the middle is, in fact, the inlet, and the back right corner is the outlet?

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 0
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 0
  • faucet.jpg
    faucet.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 0
  • schematic.JPG
    schematic.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
read ALL the rest of the instruction pages, you are missing the "clear/white 5/16" teflon tube" coming from your faucet. https://waterinc.com/pub/media/asse...allation-Instructions-W-192-Rev-6-2014_sm.pdf

"Connect 5/16” Teflon® tubing from faucet to top center outlet tube on the tank using the5/16” x 3/8” reducing union provided. Reducing union MUST be used. DO NOT insert Teflon® tube directly into tank outlet tube. Tubing should be cut squarely to proper length using a sharp knife or diagonal side cutting pliers. DO NOT PULL, PUSH, REMOVE OR OTHERWISE ATTEMPT TO MOVE ORADJUST TEFLON TUBE (CLEAR/WHIE PLASTIC TUBE INSIDE THE FAUCET SPOUT AND THROUGHBODY). If tube is too short to reach tank, an extension tube and special coupling is available from theWater, Inc. Service Department (800) 322-9283. Insert end of tubing fully into blue collet of special fitting.IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE TEFLON TUBING IS NOT LEFT IN A KINKED POSITION. WATER FLOWING INTO HEATING TANK WITH TUBE KINKED OR OTHERWISE OBSTRUCTED WILL CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO INTERNAL TANK PARTS AND VOIDS PRODUCT WARRANTY. Positioning tank directlybeneath faucet and cutting tube to proper length will help avoid kinks in Teflon tubing. Note: If needed,a special 90°adaptor fitting is available from the Water, Inc. Service Department for a nominal charge.

Cold from filter or shut off goes to blue, there should be a clear tube that goes from the faucet to the center connection on the tank. Red goes to the corner connection on the tank.

read ALL the rest of the instruction pages, you are missing the "clear/white 5/16" teflon tube" coming from your faucet. https://waterinc.com/pub/media/asse...allation-Instructions-W-192-Rev-6-2014_sm.pdf

"Connect 5/16” Teflon® tubing from faucet to top center outlet tube on the tank using the5/16” x 3/8” reducing union provided. Reducing union MUST be used. DO NOT insert Teflon® tube directly into tank outlet tube. Tubing should be cut squarely to proper length using a sharp knife or diagonal side cutting pliers. DO NOT PULL, PUSH, REMOVE OR OTHERWISE ATTEMPT TO MOVE ORADJUST TEFLON TUBE (CLEAR/WHIE PLASTIC TUBE INSIDE THE FAUCET SPOUT AND THROUGHBODY). If tube is too short to reach tank, an extension tube and special coupling is available from theWater, Inc. Service Department (800) 322-9283. Insert end of tubing fully into blue collet of special fitting.IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE TEFLON TUBING IS NOT LEFT IN A KINKED POSITION. WATER FLOWING INTO HEATING TANK WITH TUBE KINKED OR OTHERWISE OBSTRUCTED WILL CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO INTERNAL TANK PARTS AND VOIDS PRODUCT WARRANTY. Positioning tank directlybeneath faucet and cutting tube to proper length will help avoid kinks in Teflon tubing. Note: If needed,a special 90°adaptor fitting is available from the Water, Inc. Service Department for a nominal charge.
OK, thanks. I did have 5/16" clear teflon tubing in a bag full of random parts from the disassembly, the reducer was also in there. I didn't label anything because I never expected it would be 20 years to reinstall it. I just assumed the threaded metal pipe was to secure it to the bottom of the counter. But you're saying that's actually that third water line, and I need to run the clear tube from that threaded metal to the center outlet tube on the tank, then connect the red and blue lines as per the diagram? So, then, I actually do have a faucet with three waterlines, I was just not seeing the third (clear) line that connects to the threaded, center metal pipe. Am I getting warm?

Attachments

• ckear tube.jpg
    ckear tube.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My recollection is a tube coming from inside the threaded shank, NOT over the top.
Looking online, my recollection is still accurate
View attachment 45219https://www.ebay.com/itm/2354867018...EZYPM4&hash=item36d419e92c:g:CkcAAOSwJJtl~Vl4
Possibly like ISE products, the white is a vent?
Not sure. My red and blue tubes are both located outside the shank. That one has them all inside. I DID have a clear tube in my bag of parts though, and the tube had an imprint on the inside that matches perfectly with the shank threads, and there's nothing else in all these parts that fits inside that clear tube that has threads on it. It's a broad assumption that the tube goes over the shank, but after peering down that shank, and cranking on it a bit, there isn't going to be any way for me to either run a tube down there, or take it apart and get inside. The other thing is that faucet has been sitting untouched in a baggie for 20 years. I don't think I would have yanked the tube out from inside the shank, at least not all of it. I would have cut it. I did pour water down the shank right now to see what would happen, and it flowed unrestricted from the spigot, without me pushing the handles, so there is definitely concern it's not right. Only way I'll find out is when all the fittings and hoses arrive this weekend and I put it together, lol. Wish me luck!! At least I know which hole does what now. Appreciate the advice!!

Attachments

• shank 1.jpg
    shank 1.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 0
  • shank 2.jpg
    shank 2.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 0
My recollection is a tube coming from inside the threaded shank, NOT over the top.
Looking online, my recollection is still accurate
View attachment 45219https://www.ebay.com/itm/2354867018...EZYPM4&hash=item36d419e92c:g:CkcAAOSwJJtl~Vl4
Possibly like ISE products, the white is a vent?
Ugh...looks like I'm going to have a problem with that clear tube. You were right!!! I sent a message to the manufacturer. Thank goodness they are still in business. I was also able to remove the spigot by loosening a set screw on the back. There was no partial tube but there was a gasket seal up inside. New tubing will be here tomorrow :) . Thanks again for all the help. Really appreciate this forum.

Attachments

• warning.JPG
    warning.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OK, to close this out...knowledge is power :). Everhot is distributed by Water, Inc. out of Carson, CA and they are still in business, and they answer their phone!! They patched me right in to service who was more than happy to get an email from me with photos. She identified my faucet above as an LVH-500 Elite. There is, in fact, as you stated, a clear tube that runs down the middle with 3 O-rings, which is why it's so critical to not pull the tube out. They are sending me a new kit with instructions and O-rings in the mail at no charge. The generic replacement tube I bought leaked, and she said that's common and owners of this faucet should only use the tube kit supplied from them. They also sell a valve repair kit through Plumbing Overstock as one or both my handles are leaking. And then the clear tube that was on the OUTSIDE of my shank is simply added protection to reduce the chance of the internal tube bending and kinking where it meets the shank. This has been quite a project, but I'm glad my Everhot still fired up after 20 years and other than the leaks, seems to work fabulously

Back