Shed build - Ready...go!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked all day at the farm. Wife got more shingles and as soon as i finish my snack, i'm going up to finish the roof and might get the doors hung...

Pics later... :D

Roof finished and doors hung.

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

Wife is in charge of the painting. Other than trimming up the corners and shelves and stuff inside and a couple other misc stuff, my part is done...

Yay! :D

Nice work! You are not done until you add a skirt to the bottom to keep out critters from making a new home!

So why did you go with OSB instead of T1-11 for the siding? Just curious.

Nice work! You are not done until you add a skirt to the bottom to keep out critters from making a new home!
Easy enough... i'll get a couple treated 2x4s...
So why did you go with OSB instead of T1-11 for the siding? Just curious.
Not real sure what T1-11 is. If your talking about the grooved plywood siding, it was a little over twice as much a sheet, and would put me way over budget...

T1-11 is the grovved siding and yes it is very expensive. So how much did you spend on the thing?

I think as long as you keep up on the paint and maybe go to a semigloss it will last just fine, wood can last forever if you never let it get to bad at any point. And paint the edges as well it will help. Better more work now and none down the road then having to reside the thing in two years.

Nope. Spend $60 on a 100ft 12ga cord. It ran a 2hp miter saw and a 2hp compressor at the same time without getting warm. And it didn't trip the GFCI outlet. :D

Yea... The compressor was already running and i thought "what the hell..." and fired up the saw to cut a board. Didn't even blink... :D

You did a great job! By the way, tell your wife to quit painting long enough to feed you, then she can resume painting. :D

How hot is it there? It has been warm here at about 97 the last few days and I haven't wanted to work outside at all.

Latest posts

Back