Shed build - Ready...go!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otahyoni

Reaction score
I know it's not "Home Repair", but this is the closest category, so here goes.

Step one: The 'Before' picture:
IMG_2369.jpg

Then mow the grass. Like my fancy high dollar mulching lawnmower?
IMG_2372.jpg

My little "helper":
IMG_2370.jpg

The "go-fer":
IMG_2367.jpg

Empty the old POS:
IMG_2373.jpg

Then remove it:
IMG_2374.jpg

More to follow.....

Ten characters...

That popcorn eating smilie would be most appropiate inserted here! Good luck....I'm also finishing a pictorial on a smaller scale I will share soon.

I know right where it's at... and it can stay there. After i get the shed built i'm building a wooden flatbed for Beast.

Building a wooden flatbed would be a great project! You've just given me a great idea!!

I'm gonna use scraps from the shed to shim up the frame, then lay 4x4's across it and deck it with untreated 2x6's with a good coating of deck sealer. I want the wood look. And if i trash a board, pull the screws and replace it...

I'll do a thread on it too when i get there. I'm also gonna do dual 3" stacks at the same time.

All wood. I can't afford a steel bed at the moment and it needs a bed. Later i'll add some sides and a headboard...

Continued...
Continued:

Got wood? :D
IMG_2375.jpg

Floor framed...
IMG_2376.jpg

and covered...
IMG_2377.jpg

walls going up...
IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

I almost made a big "oops". I was making sure the walls were plumb, but the floor wasn't level... Too far to level it, so i'm making sure everything is square with the floor. I'm glad i caught that...

Got a little more done.

Roof framing is slow going:
IMG_2384.jpg

some of the sheathing on...
IMG_2385.jpg

more to follow.

Just gonna paint the outside...

Sheathing going up:
IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

Roof sheathing finished...
IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

More to follow...

Looking great! I hope your neighbor doesn't complain as most cities demand a 5' setback from the property line!

It's a rental house... i guess if they complain, i'll see if my truck can pull it... :D

Ran out of nails... gotta wait til my wife gets back.

One wall is painted and the roof is half done...

Latest posts

Back