Septic piping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayson48

Reaction score
So I got my septic tank pumped due to I had standing water in the clean out and couldn’t find a blockage. Turns out the previous owners repiped the house and the main drain line that drains into the septic tank is the lower pipe on the left and nothing drains out of the top pipe which I’m pretty sure is the way it should be and once the lower pipe gets covered that results in the standing water since nothing drains out although thankfully I haven’t had a backup yet in almost three yearsIMG_4553.jpeg

Is it possible to somehow refit the top pipe to the main drain line. My concern is the main line is too low. I know it’s a long shot but it looks like my only alternative is to have to get a whole new septic system since the tank will have to be dug deeper so the pipe doesn’t get covered when the septic tank fills up

So the pipe on the left is an inlet (flows from the house into the tank). Is the pipe on the right an inlet or outlet? Is it connected to anything? The outlet pipe in the tank should be lower than the inlet.

So the pipe on the left is an inlet (flows from the house into the tank). Is the pipe on the right an inlet or outlet? Is it connected to anything? The outlet pipe in the tank should be lower than the inlet.
No it looks like the pipe on the right was part of the old system and it’s not hooked up to anything. After the tank was drained we flushed the toilet and ran some water and it all drained from the inlet. It looks like with the new system the inlet was set too low for the tank so I’m kinda at a loss of the tank actually needs to be dug deeper

Latest posts

Back