Replacement for a instant hot water dispenser

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dahe2024

Reaction score
I currently have an under-sink instant hot water dispenser. It is a Mountain Plumbing Products MT641 tank with a MT1401 faucet (both hot and cold), and is connected to an Everpure H300 filter. I am planning to replace the tank as it shows some signs of corrosion. My question is this: if I buy a tank from a different manufacturer, can I expect it to be compatible with the same faucet and filter? Or would I have to replace the faucet and/or filter as well? My reason for asking is that the MT641 has some poor reviews, but I would rather not replace the faucet and filter if I can avoid it.

One other option I am considering is getting rid of the tank altogether, and capping off the feed from the faucet to the tank. I don't actually use the hot water dispenser much, but do use the cold water often. When I called a plumber this morning, they said this can't be done (though I may not have described it well). Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If I'm understanding you correctlyl. Just unplug the water heater and turn the valve off to it and then just use the cold water.
On your first question most of the brands want you to use their faucet with their tank.

Latest posts

Back