Question which valve?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techiegirl

Reaction score
I have never had a well before. I uploaded two pics and was wondering if anyone know which valve does what? Which shuts off water to the house, and what do the other ones do, as they are colored red and green. Thanks.DSCN0512.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0513.JPG
    DSCN0513.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I see why you are confused. Makes my head hurt. Lol! Is the pipe coming through the wall in the back left side coming from the well? Is the tank at the top of the photos even connected?
yes every things works...water to the house ok, the darker blue in the back was a water softner not conncted...the light blue closer one in the pick, one with that red connctor at the bottom is the pressure tank. I don't know what shuts off water to the house only and what shuts off the water to the pump? I got this place a few months ago and there are some really interesting things. The tank closer to that green shut off is the softner.

I am sorry I have looked at this several times and still don't understand. If the green valve comes from the well it should never be closed. It shouldn't even be there for the possibility of it getting closed. Label any pipes that you know and that may help.

Latest posts

Back