Possible heat thief in apartment building? Can someone below me turn down my heat?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...so I tried bleeding the rad again and don't think I was successful. I was turning it and turning and the bolt came out pretty far, that can't fall out can it?

Yes, the bleeder valve stem will come out if turned too far. Without a properly operating shut-off valve (the handle is broken off on yours and the valve stem may also be broken giving the illusion of ON/OFF when turned with pliers but not actually opening all the way to let hot waster into the radiator) you may have a heart breaking experience... :eek:

Shut-off valve with handle shown below and parts explosion of your type bleeder valve-

Valve- Hot-Water Radiator Angle Valve  3-4in.jpg

Valve- Hot-Water Radiator Bleed Valve _2.jpg

no,,,you better leave it alone. you need a hvac tech to bleed your system, get it running.

your landlord is an idiot. if a tech was working on your system, it is part of the job to bleed the system and turn over to the client a complete system

your land lord needs to call them up and tell them to bleed it. and stop doing the "landlord/handyman" nohelp crap

Agreed...

when you open the bleeder valve. if its under pressure you will know. lol

a dribble,,is not under pressure, a forceful stream of steaming hot water

is what you should get

OF COURSE TURN THE T STAT ON

:confused: By T STAT, you mean the inlet valve is fully opened?

It sounds to me... :rolleyes: ...as if the inlet valve is not fully opened or the rad is air bound.

This building would be plumbed in parallel/trunk and branch wouldn't it, meaning that closing a radiator before his to shut off hot water flow to his radiator and those after is not possible? :confused:

thermostat tells a zone valve to open.

depending on the system, also tells the boiler to com on

something,/ somewhere, is controlling the heat in his living space

to bleed the radiator, the valve must be open for water to circulate, water must be circulating to bleed air

i do not know how his is piped, many different ways

1 clue is how many t stats [zones] are in the apartment

Last edited:
thermostat tells a zone valve to open.

depending on the system, also tells the boiler to com on

something,/ somewhere, is controlling the heat in his living space

to bleed the radiator, the valve must be open for water to circulate, water must be circulating to bleed air

i do not know how his is piped, many different ways

1 clue is how many t stats [zones] are in the apartment

Now I get it!

THANX!

Latest posts

Back