PEX Crimpers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A PEX crimper made by Rehau is very convenience . it's battery powered hydraulic tools.

ez-1240 Battery Powered Pipe Pulling tools.jpg

battery-crimping-tool-ez-1632.jpg

Last edited:
Looks bulky and heavy
Please let me post the parameter as below:
the upper picture ,Battery Powered Fitting Tool .
Clamping force:20KN
Clamping range:12-40mm
Stroke:40mm
Connecting/Charge:320times
Working cycle:3-10s
Voltage:18V
Capacity:3.0Ah
Charging time:2hours
Package:Steel case
ACCESSORIES:Dies: 12, 16, 20, 32, 25-40mm2
Battery:2pc
Charger:1pc
Sealing ring of cylinder:1set
Sealing ring of safety valve:1set

Package weight:13 kg
NW.:10 kg

They look cool but I've never felt the need for a battery operated one, even 3/4 isn't bad to crimp, 1/2 is super easy. But its a cool idea.

I hate crimping anything. Even with smaller crimpers, you will inevitably run into a situation in which you need to get the tool into an awkward place or position. I use Wirsbo Aquapex Tubing. You can expand the piping end, and then connect the piping without needing to get the tool inside the wall or potentially tight place. Wirsbo all the way for me.

I crimp only when transitioning into another material.

That's true there are some tight areas for crimpers that make it hard. But in some cases if you just think before you crimp and crimp the right fittings onto the right chunk of pipe like joints you wont be able to access then it's not too bad. At least that's what I've found. But each to their own, I've used both and personally hate wirsbo. If you screw up and don't get the fitting on all the way it sucks and is much harder to fix, especially fittings tight to the wall, rings you can just bust em. But I think each system has their advantages and disadvantages.

By far the best pex system out is uponor wirsbo. The best thing about it is Milwaukee makes all the expansion tools now. Even a small 12v compact. All operate on standard Milwaukee battery's. Go check it out.

If you install wirsbo correctly you will never have an issue. If you say you hate wirsbo, then you might as well say you hate pex. I say this because it is the only true pex-a pipe that is cross linked. Yes rehau is but only because they bought the rights from uponor. Wirsbo is really an amazing product. Zurn and similar products pex - b products can be kinked a few times and ripped in half with ease. Try that with wirsbo and after a day of twisting and pulling it, heat it up to 168 degrees and watch it slap back to its original state ready for preasurization.

Oh ya at least 1000 homes plumbed in wirsbo and no lie only 2 leaky houses. These were only because of incorrect installation and below freezing temps.

CPVC is the most common pipe down here, but I am starting to get some people who are interested in PEX for their repipes and new homes. So I have been thinking about getting into PEX, question is, which system?

If I understand correctly, crimp fittings can be used on any brand of PEX pipe, so that would be handy for service on whatever PEX I might run into. I just attended a demo for Viega's new "press" system a couple of weeks ago, which is really nothing more than an improved crimp system. Looking at it, I would tend to think that it is better than rings and standard fittings, but I am guessing that the fittings with press sleeves are expensive. Wirsbo expansion sounds like a good system, and the earlier comment on having trouble getting the fitting fully inserted is the first negative comment I have heard. But am I correct in thinking that Wirsbo is the only pipe that it can be used on? And the extra thickness of the collar makes it questionable to me if it would fit in the 3/4" padout space that is common on concrete block homes down here.

Comments?

Actually that's true phishfood, I guess I prefer pex cause I do service so it's easier to use. Never said wirsbo is a bad product just I hate installing it. Again depends on the guy. I dont like it but I don't think it's crap. There's a reason every new home has wirsbo instead of pex because its a better make of pex than crimp pex lol. But about me hating wirsbo that's just my two cents.

Please let me post the parameter as below:
the upper picture ,Battery Powered Fitting Tool .
Clamping force:20KN
Clamping range:12-40mm
Stroke:40mm
Connecting/Charge:320times
Working cycle:3-10s
Voltage:18V
Capacity:3.0Ah
Charging time:2hours
Package:Steel case
ACCESSORIES:Dies: 12, 16, 20, 32, 25-40mm2
Battery:2pc
Charger:1pc
Sealing ring of cylinder:1set
Sealing ring of safety valve:1set

Package weight:13 kg
NW.:10 kg

Net Weight -- 10kg (22lbs) for the tool.

What's up Clyde Water? How's it going?

Back to the post: We like the Sharkbite, however it's hard to find the correct ring. Every time I search for a 3/4" ring it comes up with Homedepot. Guess they don't stock it cause it's not in demand.

Anyone have issues with finding the crimper/sharkbite rings?

AQualityPlumber said:
By far the best pex system out is uponor wirsbo. The best thing about it is Milwaukee makes all the expansion tools now. Even a small 12v compact. All operate on standard Milwaukee battery's. Go check it out.

Agreed. Milwaukee is where it's at. Great tool. My next choice is the watts cinch clamps then wirsbo.

cjn79 said:
Agreed. Milwaukee is where it's at. Great tool. My next choice is the watts cinch clamps then wirsbo.

Sry my 3yr old hit send on my ipod. The wirsbo tool is what I meant to say. Milwaukee 12v is best for wirsbo. But I like watts and the cinch clamps. No leaks with the wirsbo but have had few with the watts.

Sry my 3yr old hit send on my ipod. The wirsbo tool is what I meant to say. Milwaukee 12v is best for wirsbo. But I like watts and the cinch clamps. No leaks with the wirsbo but have had few with the watts.

Can you expand upon the bolded part of your post? What kind of leaks, what do you think caused them?

phishfood said:
Can you expand upon the bolded part of your post? What kind of leaks, what do you think caused them?

With the watts I think the cinch clamp didn't clamp properly or was faulty. It tightened like normal and looked normal but had a slow drip. Fortunately you can pop the clamps off with a screwdriver. I trimmed the Pex and reclamped and it was fine. Don't exactly know what happened. Typically the clamp will snap if you don't get the tool just right but on a few occasions its clamped fine yet dripped.

I don't know why anyone would by crimpers with long handles... seriously just buy the short handle ones and you are good to go in 1/2 and 3/4...no need to spend any more... of course for 1 " you might have long handle, but 1/2 and 3/4 all you need is short handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back