Have a question about combining vents in attic space

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoBird

Reaction score
Hello, I added a shower stall and an additional toilet to bathroom. The current bath has two sink vanities, they are about 16’ away from each other, one sink is drained to a 2” wet vent (to the roof) that provides the venting for the first (original) toilet 3” line. The other sink has a 1.5” vent to the roof, the tub has its own 1.5” vent (to the roof), so for my new toilet that was added to the 3” waste line for the original toilet I installed a 1.5” vent going to the attic space. Also, for the shower stall, I have a 1.5” vent going to the same attic space. So in total I have three current roof penetrations (one 2” for original toilet and sink, one 1.5” for the original tub, and one 1.5” for the farther away vanity sink, I need to figure out how to tie in the two new added 1.5” vent pipes coming from the new toilet and shower, thing is I can’t add any new roof penetrations, I could make the roof penetrations a larger diameter if necessary by altering the current roof jacks. I’m a pretty good at plumbing but I can’t tell you how hard it’s been getting any advice locally on how to handle this venting, and any advice would be greatly appreciated. This project is in San Diego CA

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1995.jpeg
    IMG_1995.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
You can tie them together to the existing vents. However, if California uses UPC code the toilet vent needs to be 2".

Latest posts

Back