Exterior Leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havasu.. 12" is normal for the south.

wanna see something really freaky. in fla. they would use a bobcat to level the ground in prep for sod.
the sprinkler guy would lay his piping on the ground, they throw sod over it. water main is run to the house..water main sticks out of the house about a foot above grade. they 90 up. put a ball valve and 90 into the house.. not worried in the least about freezing

in colorado, we ran water lines 5' or deeper

My La Verne house is 24" down, and my Havasu house is 4' deep. Damn, where did I go wrong in selecting houses?

True that my valve was only about 14" down and buried. With the rise and boxing it out, any future problems will be an easier fix. Again, thanks for all your help. Onto the next problem. I hope its electrical.;)
MWW552

Havasu you know your water meter in Laverne is probably only about 9" deep which makes your water line coming out the same.

The previous owners must have added a foot of top soil, because I had to pay extra to have it dug out when I replaced the main.

Back