Installing a glass rinser on the sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMarvel

Reaction score
Is there a product or mechanism that would allow me to install a glass rinser (see example photo) over the top of, in lieu of, or simultaneously with the dishwasher vent? I have the ability to install the glass rinser, but I do not have the capability of drilling a new hole for this in my sink/counter and wondering is there is a work around. Maybe a dual-purpose product?
Thank you, MissMarvel

Untitled 3.jpg

I believe that is designed for the mechanics of that washer to only be installed under the counter, as they are in a commercial bar. I know of no "workaround" to install this. What is the apprehension of drilling a hole? Most professionals can easily drill a hole for you.

No you can have an air gap, or the rinser if there is only one hole available.

No... those are designed to be installed in cup rinser spaces. Unless you already have a sink basin with it already you will spend $$$ for a lot of custom plumbing and shetmetal work.
Definitely don't think people would go this route but would you could do is buy a new sink that has this built into the design. Found one on Amazon for 400ish bucks but these are not that great quality. Would recommend Blanco/Franke/kholer some brands that been around a while and not fly by night on anazon.

I've installed a couple of these before. They are designed to be on the counter and use a 1 3/8" hole like an air gap or soap dispenser. New sink and sheet metal work is unnecessary. If the air gap is being kept a new hole does have to be drilled in the countertop or sink depending on the setup.

https://www.deltafaucet.com/glassrinser

That could be kinda cool to install, I have a soap dispenser hole that my wife does not use and hates. I could put one of these in there. Do they jyst yse a cold water supply ?

Back