Building a BBQ/Bar in my back yard.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey BRad! Don't see you over here much.
I needed to cut down on my forum-cruising... I'm still around...
He doesn't like us any more.:(
Awww hush... this thread is what makes me check back to PF more often than anything...
looks brill a got a back garden if you wanna practise some more
Please allow me to translate from the Queen's English to US Redneck English...
Aww Hell Son, that looks real damn-nice... How bout I buy the beer and you can come over and build me one-a-em too

UPDATE: I did get a few things done yesterday, I started to replace my uprights with log but the second one wrecked my back something good, I've never had pain like that before so I guess I wont be doing much for the next few days. but here are a couple pics of what I got done. There is still sooo much work to do, it's hard having jeep projects and home projects at the same time.

0829001741a.jpg

0829001741b.jpg

0829001741.jpg

Looks really good with the new timber in there... and at least you don't have a real job keeping you away from your projects... ;)

I like your log post. Looks nice.
I helped my cousin hand shave and install a bunch of untreated telephone poles when he built his house back in 2003.
The one in the middle inside is fake.

doug.jpg

doug1.jpg

Those look great but how do you even get untreated telephone poles? I eventually want to add some log to the inside of my house but I have already done most of the upgrades in there so it will make it harder.

That is great looking. I have one question....I was considering using that stone on at least one wall in my bathroom remodel. Any thoughts on it?

You will be fine but I wouldn't use it in the shower there is too many nooks and cranies to hold water. Also dont buy the colored mortar at the Depot go to a brick yard and you will get the better kind. The stuff I used was stickier than any mortar I have ever used.

Thanks for the info. It would be placed in a dry area only, and just for that "man cave" feel. So, what is next on your agenda?

Today if I get off my *** I am gonna frame up and pour a slab to the left of the Bar about 6' x 10' but mixing 100 bags in a wheel barrel is not gonna be fun and it is not enough for a short load truck.

Time to go to Home Depot and picking up a few friends to assist you. "Yo Hablo Espanol?"

I forgot the freinds at depot, for some reason they want top dollar a ride to and from work and lunch. In that case its cheaper to just have my employees come over.

So I mixed an ***load of concrete yesterday. I finally got to broom it at 10 pm and that was still to soon. I also learned why the cheap brand is the cheap brand. It sucks. I will get some more pictures when I go out and strip the forms. So I think today I will float the rest of my counters for slate.

1202001547.jpg

1202002152.jpg

Wow, it's coming together.

The slab seems to have turned out nice despite the crappy concrete. I don't envy you the headaches of working with it though.

The slab seems to have turned out nice despite the crappy concrete. I don't envy you the headaches of working with it though.

It took about twice the work as good concrete would have and I still dont like it 100%. That and some how my forms got a little off and it slopes just a tad more than I wanted but I think I am stuck with that now.

It looked so good in the pictures that until SlowDrip mentioned the bagged concrete, I assumed it was from a cement truck.

I am too cheap to pay a truck to come to my house. That slab cost me $140 bucks and a day of back breaking labor.

So I put some tile on the back portion of counter top.

1206001618.jpg

1206001544.jpg

1206001543b.jpg

Latest posts

Back