Building a BBQ/Bar in my back yard.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My update. Still have not done anything in the last month except shots of tequila one night with this thing. Although I have gathered some supplies.

Did you still respect it the next day?

Another update. Well last week it was about 110 degrees and humid all week so I didn't even want to leave the house let alone work so I didn't and this week I have done nothing on it so I guess this is a pointless update but I have big plans for the next couple weeks as long as the weather stays somewhat cool.

Same here. Going outside is rough.

It's 115 with probable 60 mph monsoons so we moved our kool aid drinking from the boat to the house.

BRad, why on earth would you jump out of a good airplane? You are sick in the head. Sorry for the minor derailment, back to topic!

I got all excited thinking there had been some progress... alas... no... :D

I actually have the cash now so I am just organizing and planning what I want to do so that I only have to keep a piece of equipment here a minimal amount of time. I have to get all the utilities in before I can continue on the BBQ itself.

BRad, why on earth would you jump out of a good airplane? You are sick in the head. Sorry for the minor derailment, back to topic!

I agree Brad you are sick in the head.

I actually have the cash now so I am just organizing and planning what I want to do so that I only have to keep a piece of equipment here a minimal amount of time. I have to get all the utilities in before I can continue on the BBQ itself.
LUCKY!!! (to have cash available for projects)

chris said:
I agree Brad you are sick in the head.
Nah... it was quite amazing and I am ready to go do it again! :D

Yep....It was set up by his wife for his 30th birthday just after Brad purchased a sizeable life insurance policy. Go figure! ;)

I have an actual update, kinda. I have a mini excavator being delivered next Friday so something will get done. yay.

BTW it was nice knowing you Brad.

Is this a mini-excavator you are renting, or buying? Hmmm, what can I demolish with one of those?

I was about to buy one but in this economy I think that money should stay right where it is. My pocket. I rent because they are cheap enough to and I don't use them all that often, backhoes and 50,000 pound excavators are more what I use daily and sadly I don't own either of those.:( But if you are bored come on down and tear up my yard.

I was thinking about using it to tear up my front yard. I spend the entire day Monday replacing 7 broken sprinkler heads, and with the water rates, I want to go for the natural "dirt" landscaping after I paint the dirt green!

I was thinking about using it to tear up my front yard. I spend the entire day Monday replacing 7 broken sprinkler heads, and with the water rates, I want to go for the natural "dirt" landscaping after I paint the dirt green!

I learned just this year that if you fertilize regularly you only have to water 8-10 minutes a day and have a beautiful lawn in these 100 degree temps. BTW you wanna buy me a new edger and tell my getto neighbors to stop parking on my side yard?

So I picked up a few more logs last weekend while I was in the mountains so that I can redo my existing patio cover. This Saturday is gonna be a big day around here, I have a small piece of equipment coming and a couple of guys that work for me as well. My main goal is to get the plumbing done for the BBQ which includes electric, water, sewer, and gas. After that I have a bunch of plants to plant and do some grading while I have the equipment.

downsized_0804001042b.jpg

downsized_0804001115.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up my first load of plants. Wow that's a horible pic maybe I will actually get out the camera tomorrow.

0804001847.jpg

Looks tropical? We have been in a Plumaria buying mood lately...smell is second to none!

Those are nice looking I think I will have to add some, how do they hold up in the sun?

Latest posts

Back