Building a BBQ/Bar in my back yard.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you can do with a computer and a shoebox guitar I can do with my hands. Really I just like to build things.

You just give up and call your friends too?

Here is what i did today. I didn't like the concrete color on the patio but I am to cheap to tear it out or tile it or float it so I just cut grooves in to make it look like tile with a little pattern. I have alot more to do but I am working in sections and I still have to clear coat this one but I am using Acid stain so it is taking some time.

concrete patio.jpg

concrete patio 1.jpg

concrete patio 2.jpg

concrete patio 3.jpg

One more..... I will get some more pics after I get all the excess acid off and clean it up.

concrete patio 4.jpg

I just gave it a good rinse down. I am thinking I may want to add some of the rust color to the star so it doesn't stand out so much, what do you think? I gotta say it looks ten times better in person then it does in these photos.

concrete patio 5.jpg

I left it, I had some problems with the acid stain not taking in a few areas and giving it a really antiqued look but I think I will be able to fix that.

I just gave it a good rinse down. I am thinking I may want to add some of the rust color to the star so it doesn't stand out so much, what do you think? I gotta say it looks ten times better in person then it does in these photos.

That is some awesome work Chris!!!

So I installed some rot Iron fencing to my bar/ patio, I will try and snap a pic in a few.

I thought I had some on my phone but I don't, I guess we will have to wait til next week.

Til Monday or Tuesday I think unless I feel like leaving or staying longer.

So I am still lazy but here is a pic I just took from my back door of the iron fencing. Not the best picture but you can see how this is slowly coming together.

iron.jpg

Is it hot under there?

Only when it's hot everywhere else. But no not really. I thought it would be like an oven but I can't tell the difference.

That's nice. A lot of covering just trap the heat.

I am going to be adding a few ceiling fans to help push the air around but I have so many projects and not enough time to do them.

Back