Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion > What did you do today?

Old 04-15-2015, 01:57 AM   #2121
frodo

Liked 317 Times on 275 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Man, I'm tired, went to our church today and helped with with the addition.

I ran the water for 2 bathrooms 3 terlets, 2 urinals, 4 lavs

and set 4 shower stalls /valves

Old 04-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #2122
Zanne

Liked 107 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Somehow there was a messup-- either by the doctor's office or the pharmacy and they got her insulin wrong. My mother actually wanted to go into town again (she NEVER goes into town two days in a row-- first time this year she's done that and I think she's only left the house about 3 times this year so far).

We went to the Chinese buffet place and ate. I noticed she was forgetting her cane and walking just fine without it, but when she realized she forgot it she asked me to go get it.

And then there was the hilarious moment where she walked into the living room and chipper and fine, noticed I had some chocolate pie. Sat down, and suddenly claimed she had low blood sugar and put her head back and started breathing loudly. (In the past she's been perfectly fine when she doesn't know anyone is looking and when she realizes someone is looking she will suddenly throw her head back and feign low blood sugar). She just sat there and made noises while I grew more amused because I could tell she was faking it and was waiting for her to just ask me to get her some pie. Then she looked at me and was like "what's so funny?" and I said I was imagining putting pie in her face. I gave her a few spoonfuls and then went to get her a slice of her own (since I called dibs on the one I already put on my plate). I don't know why she just didn't say "I'd like a piece of pie, will you get me one please" or something along those lines. For some reason she seems to think she has to justify it by claiming low blood sugar.
I've seen her when she has low blood sugar so I can generally tell the difference between real and faking (although I err on the side of caution and just get her stuff when she fakes it).

Meanwhile, I'm browsing on amazon for faucet mounted water filters that will fit my bathroom faucet so Captain Fluffy will stop casting aspersions upon me when her bowl fills with murky water from the tap.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:54 PM   #2123
Matt30

Liked 219 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 48

A woman faking it? Unheard of!
People Like This 
Old 04-17-2015, 01:47 PM   #2124
frodo

Liked 317 Times on 275 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
Somehow there was a messup-- either by the doctor's office or the pharmacy and they got her insulin wrong. My mother actually wanted to go into town again (she NEVER goes into town two days in a row-- first time this year she's done that and I think she's only left the house about 3 times this year so far).

We went to the Chinese buffet place and ate. I noticed she was forgetting her cane and walking just fine without it, but when she realized she forgot it she asked me to go get it.

And then there was the hilarious moment where she walked into the living room and chipper and fine, noticed I had some chocolate pie. Sat down, and suddenly claimed she had low blood sugar and put her head back and started breathing loudly. (In the past she's been perfectly fine when she doesn't know anyone is looking and when she realizes someone is looking she will suddenly throw her head back and feign low blood sugar). She just sat there and made noises while I grew more amused because I could tell she was faking it and was waiting for her to just ask me to get her some pie. Then she looked at me and was like "what's so funny?" and I said I was imagining putting pie in her face. I gave her a few spoonfuls and then went to get her a slice of her own (since I called dibs on the one I already put on my plate). I don't know why she just didn't say "I'd like a piece of pie, will you get me one please" or something along those lines. For some reason she seems to think she has to justify it by claiming low blood sugar.
I've seen her when she has low blood sugar so I can generally tell the difference between real and faking (although I err on the side of caution and just get her stuff when she fakes it).

Meanwhile, I'm browsing on amazon for faucet mounted water filters that will fit my bathroom faucet so Captain Fluffy will stop casting aspersions upon me when her bowl fills with murky water from the tap.

LOL... i know one that needs her walker when someone is around.

we were visiting, she said she wanted to lay back in her easy boy chair.

hinting, she wanted some to pull the lever..bil told her quick.
"all you gotta do is pull that handle"

you could tell she was mad as hell she had to do it herself
Old 04-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #2125
Zanne

Liked 107 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

LOL! Meanwhile, I knew people who would refuse to accept help even when they really needed it. My late friend, Cordell, was so stubborn. He could barely walk even with a cane and he was going to climb a ladder to get up on his roof to get something. I arrived one day and he had his riding mower up against the ladder to hold it steady and was about to go up (his wife had called and asked if we could please come over because he needed something done on the roof and she knew I cold do it-- and she wasn't one to ask for favors like that, but she was worried about him). I stopped him and said I could do it. There was a tree branch that was in the way a bit so I had to squirm around it while on the ladder. Got up and followed his instructions. When I came back down I told him that he would have had a hard time with it because he was too tall and the tree branch would have been in his way. I said I only made it through because I was short. I wanted him to feel it was not about being able-bodied, but about what was normally an asset throughout his life (the being tall thing). It seemed to make him feel better. And he certainly felt better about himself when I was trying to help him put his cabinet doors back on and I kept dropping the screws. He'd been dropping them too, so he said "Well, now I know its not just me!" and we had a good chuckle about it. Then he told his wife to get me some ice cream.

Today I'm feeling really bleh again. I'm hoping the results for my bloodwork will be in. I think I might have hypothyroid or something. No matter how much I sleep, I can't seem to feel fully rested. Meanwhile, I think I might need to change my dog's thyroid med dosage. She's losing weight and is constantly ravenous. She's been trying to fight with the other dogs over food and she gobbles up all of the food as if she's starving. I haven't changed the amount of food, but she's lost weight and I know the Soloxine was based on her weight. She's getting the dose she got at 60lbs. I give her two pills: a .1 and a .5. I'm thinking of trying just the .5 and see if it helps. But, of course, I'll talk to the vet first.