WYE (Update)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, it's time to replace. Thought this band aid I did would last a little longer but, oh well (see 'Wye' post). Roots and me using a bladder to unclog clogs made the old pipe collapse further down the line. But I have a question on my first fix here. Everything here will be cut out, yes it hurts, and from that drop I will be starting the replacement run. It will be 11' to a long sweep 90° into a 30' straight then the last turn will be made with a 22 1/2 back into the original straight to tie in (just 4 feet from the city street. Basically going around the concrete slab. After removing my wye and clean out will the down pitch there be too much and need to be dropped down all at once with 45's or can I cut then coupling right after the 45 attached to the wye that pitch down? They say with that steep of slope the water will out run the solids causing a blockage and it makes sense but I have the kitchen sink also connected to that line. I live in northeast arkansas and freeze depth is 14"PXL_20220315_182137436.jpg

You’ll be at least 14” deep at the foundation wall, that should help flatten the angle out. You could go deeper if need be.

The wye I put in a few months ago at the bottom of that steep pipe is 14" but it is 5' from the foundation wall, will that be ok? If I take off from the wye point.

You’ll need to exist the foundation at least 14” deep. Then maintain a 1/4” per ft to the street connection. If you need to make offsets due to ground elevations, use 22.5 degree offsets or 45’s

This is the pipe coming out of the foundation. Under the house the pipe is above ground also. You can see it's back pitched a little bit but never had issues with it. It is/will be the next fix after I get the new main line ran as soon as possible. The old pipe collapsing couldn't come at a worse time with my mother being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and this is the closest bathroom for her. Luckily it collapsed (about 3 foot) before the other bathroom branch so it's still usable but it's a lot further away and down steps. We have no codes and I just found out I don't even need a licensed plumber to tie into city main. I've dug a very deep tail ditch for now where I've cut it from the line. Probably shouldn't be telling all this but at this point I don't care. Thank you for your help, and in the original post also, don't know if you remember that one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-210854.png
    Screenshot_20220315-210854.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back