Working above a sheetrock ceiling?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.mena

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We try to avoid hard ceilings but sometimes it’s necessary. I thought of this on the fly while working one weekend. We had a core driller on a Credit Karma upfit. One toilet ended up a few feet farther into the cloud ceiling than I had hoped for. My core driller was about to take off thinking I wouldn’t get it, being a Saturday and all. I said, “Don’t leave, just give me 45 minutes, please. Andrei! let’s go!” All I had was an instant idea to build something to hold me up. And a company credit card.

Me and my Russian side kick bolted to Home Depot, got plywood, 2 by’s & screws. We bolted back to the job and had this ceiling support built in just over 45 minutes. Sweat pouring working as fast a possible.

Core driller was impressed. We got it done. Went ahead and ran the 4” toilet drain out from above the ceiling, fire caulked & disassembled.
AF7DED47-065E-4AE3-B864-F1818ADB9BB1.jpeg

Second time worked great too. I was able to plan for this one.
B7861B2E-CA04-4BE5-BCC7-4610DA04E4A3.jpeg

I love a good Challange!

They wouldn’t want my bill for having to build something for me to work off of. Maybe they would 🤣✌✌

Make that $$$$👍👍

Speaking of sheetrock ceilings, I’m up in one right now making a DCW tie in. Glad I have something to do while the water drains out! Addicted to forums 😋
AE09052A-C58A-48F3-91ED-F6609CEAA42C.jpeg

Third shift plumbing

Back