Widespead Faucet for cast iron sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMR512

Reaction score
The kitchen sink has two holes for the faucet. They are 6 inches apart from the center. I have been unable to locate a faucet with a 6-inch spread. What other options do I have?

The kitchen sink has two holes for the faucet. They are 6 inches apart from the center. I have been unable to locate a faucet with a 6-inch spread. What other options do I have?
You need a kitchen faucet with spout and control lever all in one or one with spout and control separate. The pic they are showing you us a bathroom faucet. Bad advice!

One lesson to be learned here is don't buy a sink w/o having a specific faucet in mind...the converse is true as well. Don't buy a faucet unless you know it will work with your sink and countertop. MOST faucets for lavs, and for kitchen, seem to follow some set standards and patterns...but not all.

I don't think this is the case here but there's a lot of stuff coming from worldwide suddenly available here because of Amazon and eBay, and all kinds of things are different...

Some old kitchen sinks had 6” holes punched. Some faucet manufacturers made 6” faucets.,

Deltas 400 single lever back in the day would come in the box set up for 8” spread but you could reconfigure the mounting bolts to fit a 6” spread kitchen sink.,

the good ole days......

It’s actually still available on Amazon. The crappy red arrow points to the 6-8” spread. 9114A0B5-7E56-454C-85A6-2B5DA55567FF.jpeg
You have to have 3 holes though. I read that you only have two. Drill it !!! 😬 Or punch it 👌🤷‍♂️ Do what you’d like 👍

Back