Whole House Water System

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkamyszek

Reaction score
We have a brand new whole house water system from Master Water. The parts are brand new, but we believe the local plumber has installed the system incorrectly.

Originally, when we bought the house the system was set up as follows:
Water source --> Acid Neutralizer --> Water to house

Since the installation of the other parts, it is now setup as:
Water source --> Acid Neutralizer --> Water Softening Unit (MCA) --> Nitrate Removal Unit (MCAN) --> Water to house.

The manual seems to read that the Acid Neutralizer should come after the nitrate unit, and the installation should be:
Water source --> Nitrate Removal Unit --> Acid Neutralizer --> Water Softening Unit --> Water to House.

Any ideas which is correct? Thanks!

I have never had to remove nitrates for any of my customers, but from what I understand, a nitrate removal unit is simply a water softener with fine mesh resin. So unless I'm totally out of whack here, someone sold you two water softeners. The PH filter (acid neutralizer) will add hardness, and what I'm wondering is if you have a shallow well. One of those less than 20' deep. If so, the advice should have been to drill a deeper well that wouldn't have a low PH and nitrates along with a plethora of other contaminents that aren't so easy to test for.

Whole house water systems remove water impurities throughout your home.Whole house water systems are a smart choice for anyone trying to be healthy. I would like to add that whole house water filter guide for hard water, filtering bad tastes and odor, and overall water improvement.

If I didn't know better, I'de bet you sold this stuff too. But you wouldn't post here just to be Spamming would you???

Whole house water systems remove water impurities throughout your home.Whole house water systems are a smart choice for anyone trying to be healthy. I would like to add that whole house water filter guide for hard water, filtering bad tastes and odor, and overall water improvement.

Can you back this up with written and scientific results?

I think you guys have better solutions than the Aquasana which just popped up in my window

I think you guys have better solutions than the Aquasana which just popped up in my window
I have always been in awe of someone trying to sell a filter that has to have another filter in front of it. Like the Aquasana and the Kinetico.

aquasana.jpg

Back