Whirlpool water heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicnez

Reaction score
Hi, hoping for some advice to get pilot light back on.

We've been out of hot water for a couple of days, noticed the pilot light is out on the water heater. Problem is I can't engage the reset button on the unit - it sort of sticks in place when it's pressed. I can see a spark when I press the ignition (?) button. Holding down the red reset is a no-go though. Simple cause for it I imagine, can someone tell me what it is?

Happy to follow up if more info needed.

Thanks

I think the Whirlpool are the same as American Water heaters.

Do you have 2 small wires coming out of the gas valve to a small do-hicky located on the front of the burner cover?

Similar to this Burner assembly?

you have to turn the red dial on top to pilot. this allows you to push the button down. If you have a older model with no wires you might have to install a new retro kit like the one in the link. take a picture and post it.

Mr_David, wanted to check back in and say that I ordered that piece and installed it this afternoon. We're good to go it looks like. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction, it's a big relief for me and a huge one for the wife that we've got hot water again.:)

Mr_David, wanted to check back in and say that I ordered that piece and installed it this afternoon. We're good to go it looks like. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction, it's a big relief for me and a huge one for the wife that we've got hot water again.:)

Thanks for the update.

Back