Which Submersible Pump to Buy

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajsingh

Reaction score
Today, we pulled out our submersible pump which wasn't putting out a lot of pressure. It was FLINT & WALLING 4F10G05305. Who knows how long it has been down the well. CPESupply.com is listing it for $850. This is 1/2 HP, 2 wire, 12GPM, Max head 250 feet submersible pump. The pump we pulled out was 78 feet deep.

I've learned that I need to calculate maximum head and I'm looking for 10 GPM and 60psi on the ground at least. 1 psi = 2.31 feet, so I need minimum head of 78 + 60*2.31 = 217 feet. Are there other numbers I should be looking for?

Initially I just looked at 1/2 HP pumps and I saw very cheap Vevor pumps, but their maximum head is much less than what I need. Lowes has Zoeller brand pumps, but they don't list Maximum head anywhere. They only say "The 0.5 HP pump operates from depths up to 125 Ft. providing up to a 12 GPM performance" but this doesn't tell me anything about what psi they'll deliver on the ground level.

Home Depot has Everbuilt brand and their wording is "Head Pressure (ft.) = 150". Is this their way of saying Maximum Head?

Lowes and Home Depot are around $500. Flint & Walling is $850

Apart from maximum head, what other numbers I should be looking for?
If they don't list max head, is there any other way to calculate it?
And Home Depot's Everbuilt brand's "Head pressure (ft)". Is that the same as Maximum Head"

Thank You

Back