Which multi-port diverter valve do I need?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickFlorida

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm installing a Kholer/Sterling tub and wall medley kit and still have the walls exposed since I just installed a Kholer K-8304 which I guess you would call my mixing valve. My wife insists on having the tub and not just a shower.
While I'm pretty good replacing copper pipe since my 1957 beachside house has had several pinholes inside the walls over the 9 years we have had the house, I'm not experienced in designing or building new shower or tub rough ins. So I'm a little confused on what I need to buy and finish roughing in for the following:

I want to keep the new Kholer K-8304 valve because I like the trim I see over Moen.
The Sterling tub medley must have a tub spout installed.
I want to also install rainhead and handshower (I suppose a Kholer Hydrorail kit)?

It sounds like I need a multi-port Diverter. Who makes the best triple outlet diverter that will last a long time and completely diverts all water pressure to one of the 3 outlets at a time? I am having trouble looking up these kind of parts. I see Kholer makes some but so far they only have 3/4 inlet and then 1/2 outlets. Are there any that have 1/2 sweat in inlets and 1/2 sweat in outlets? Also, how do I know where to get the trim for them? (The handle)

Thank you,
Rick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back