which fittings for water supply connector

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachnik

Reaction score
I looked, didn't find this in the forum.

This is about fittings - not about hose material, not about hose length.

So I'm going to remove all the 'multi-turn angle stops' in several apartments. I'll be installing BrassCraft 1/4 turn ball angle stops - 1/2 Comp by 1/2 Comp. I'll also replace all the flex hoses (aka Water Supply Connectors).

So here's what's confusing me:
- I can buy hoses that are 1/2" FIP x 1/2" FIP
- I can buy hoses that are 1/2" Comp x 1/2" FIP

What is the correct thing for the fitting that connects to the angle stop? For the fitting connects to the faucet?

(sure, I could buy the same thing that's already installed in the apartments, but there's no telling if the thing previously installed was the best choice).

Thanks

Unless you have an odd ball set up, you likely are looking for 1/2" compression x 3/8" compression angle stops for your fixtures. Is the piping copper or pex?

Matt30 & frodo, thanks to both of you for your responses.

Here's what prompted me to ask the original question...

- - - -
I've got 1/2" copper stubbed out. In every case, the existing angle stops (the ones I will remove and replace) are:
- inlet side - 1/2" compression fitting
- outlet side - 1/2" compression fitting (compression ring and nut removed / discarded when they attached flex hose)

Yes, I've noticed that folks frequently use 1/2" x 3/8" angle stops for toilets. Apparently, they also do that for lavs. Anyway, I assumed that 1/2" x 1/2" angle ball stops would be fine for both lavs and toilets and have already ordered a bunch (local retailers don't stock them).

The thing that threw me was that when I looked at the currently installed flex lines (remember, currently installed has all 1/2" comp x 1/2" comp angle stops for faucets and toilets) I saw all 1/2" FIP x 1/2" FIP hoses.

I knew that I had once seen toilet flex hoses - compression fitting going to angle stop. And assuming that would be the correct thing to do for toilets, this made me think that it must also be correct to have a compression fitting going to the angle stops for the lavs (that in fact is what frodo recommends in his post).

- - - -

So, you've answer my question.

Thanks

Back