I observed ghost flushes in my American Standard Champion 4 toilet and decided to investigate it.
- When the tank was full, I could hear water leaking
- Replaced the flapper, problem remained
- Let the water fill just above the flapper: no water was leaking, so no issue with the flapper
- Let the water fill just above the flapper chain connection: no water was leaking, so no issue with the small gasket
- Let the water fill the tank and water started leaking until the water level was half the tank or just below the fill valve float cup
- If the fill valve is leaking, then I should see water on the floor below the tank, there wasn't any water on the floor
- So where is the leak and how do I fix it? Should I replace my fill valve? Thanks in advance.