where and how to install a septic line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincolnland

Reaction score
I've attached two pictures of a pole barn where I would like to install a 3 piece (shower, sink, toilet) bathroom. There is a room about where the window is located that makes an excellent den. My plan is to add the bathroom off this den that extends into an unfinished area at the back. The leach field for our house (which cannot be seen in the picture) is in the yard adjacent to the pole barn and runs alongside it.
My problem is that I don't know where to run the waste pipe for the bath. I don't believe I could hook right up to the leach field because I believe there needs to be a tank before it goes to the field. The second picture shows the back of the pole barn where I was thinking I could run a waste pipe in the ground through the unfinished part of the pole barn (nothing but a gravel floor) out the back and into a small tank. Is this feasible or is there a better way to run the wastewater from the proposed bathroom?

IMG_2135 (1).jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

Back