When do I need to change the catalytic carbon media in my carbon backwash filter?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgoodma1

Reaction score
Hello, first post. I am on a well and have a catalytic carbon backwash filter in my filtration set-up to filter out the hydrogen peroxide that is injected into the water stream for the removal of sulfur. I do not have any chlorine being injected into the system. From what I've read, if I had a chlorine injection system, I should change the filter media every 2-3 years. What about with a hydrogen peroxide-only injection system.....how often should the media be changed?

Thanks very much.

Hello, first post. I am on a well and have a catalytic carbon backwash filter in my filtration set-up to filter out the hydrogen peroxide that is injected into the water stream for the removal of sulfur. I do not have any chlorine being injected into the system. From what I've read, if I had a chlorine injection system, I should change the filter media every 2-3 years. What about with a hydrogen peroxide-only injection system.....how often should the media be changed?

Thanks very much.
Hello…I know this is an old post but if you’re still on I’d love to learn what H2O2 injection system you are using and if you’re happy with it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back