What's the deal with this forum!?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthWellsLLC

Reaction score
Can't really call it a forum if there are no professionals to offer advice. I've posted three threads without even a view. Good thing I do know what I am doing. I'm human and I forget things and I make a mistake from time to time but I was really thinking another pro would be here to say your almost there.......

I guess I will move on with my day and my project. Good luck to the rest of you all looking for help, advice, guidance, or a pat on the back 😀.

There are lots of professionals here, helping people from all parts of the globe. Since I'm not a professional plumber myself, obviously my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm guessing that one of two things may have happened.

1) You have already been in communication with the inspector, who has offered his advice, and since he will be signing off your work, it seems you might have an inspector who is not flexible and is a "do it my way only" type of guy.

2) is it possible that your LLC on your user name indicates that you yourself are a licensed contractor who should know the answer to these venting questions?

I am not a mind reader, so I really don't know why the professionals are avoiding your questions, but I do take offense to your comments, when these great professionals here work all day, then provide valuable input to people they don't know, and don't ask for a penny, and rarely even get a thank you.

I may be completely wrong in my assumption, so I apologize if I am incorrect.

I looked at one of the pics and the job site looks like a literal dump site.

I passed……..just like I would in real life. But I wish the best for you.

Clean this mess up and then post another pic.
D977A988-2250-4C04-9A95-0232902DE0AC.jpeg

Some of your assumptions are correct and not. I understand exactly what you are s
There are lots of professionals here, helping people from all parts of the globe. Since I'm not a professional plumber myself, obviously my opinion doesn't matter.

1) You have already been in communication with the inspector, who has offered his advice, and since he will be signing off your work, it seems you might have an inspector who is not flexible and is a "do it my way only" type of guy.

2) is it possible that your LLC on your user name indicates that you yourself are a licensed contractor who should know the answer to these venting questions?

I am not a mind reader, so I really don't know why the professionals are avoiding your questions, but I do take offense to your comments, when these great professionals here work all day, then provide valuable input to people they don't know, and don't ask for a penny, and rarely even get a thank you.

I looked at one of the pics and the job site looks like a literal dump site.

Clean this mess up and then post another pic.
View attachment 43747
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. We are waiting on a dumpster change and I don't have time to care about that, to get input about the questions. When the dumpster is swapped, everything will go in there but this is a full reno! Getting the below grade rough-in finished so I can get it cleared for cement is more important, plus I'm the one who has to deal with it, not you. There is a saying I was raised on; if you don't have anything good to offer or say. Then don't say anything at all! It's just rude. At least the gentleman that posted before knew how to express himself for the off chance that he was getting lost in translation of my threads.

There is a saying I was raised on; if you don't have anything good to offer or say. Then don't say anything at all! It's just rude. At least the gentleman that posted before knew how to express himself for the off chance that he was getting lost in translation of my threads.
Says the guy that makes a thread to criticize the forum.

GTFO

I too chose to pass on your original post as it was a little confusing and I didn't have time when I first read it. But here are some items/questions that I can now point out.

You indicated that the inspector said you had to "redo the basement bathroom so it had proper venting". Did he indicate where the venting was wrong?

A vent needs to come off the trap arm vertically or no more than 45 degrees off vertical and continue up until it is 6" above the flood rim of the fixture. Your existing shower vent then is not per code.

You asked, "If I bring the WC drain pipe down, do I need to install a 2" wye vent to run up and connect to the 2" shower vent?" By "down", I assume you mean tying the toilet downstream of the stack. The answer to that is yes, you need to vent the toilet.

You also asked, "I think the 4" main stack should qualify for venting, no?" You have called the stack, a "soil stack", a "vent stack", and the "main stack". A "main stack" and a "soil stack" at this point are the same. But if this is a "vent stack", then the advice on how to plumb your mess will be different.

That could be another reason for you not receiving answers to your questions.

1704906998163.png

Cause creating multiple identical posts for the same problem seems like something a normal sane person would do, and not something a crazy person who won't listen to advice would do....

Some of your assumptions are correct and not. I understand exactly what you are saying though l

Says the guy that makes a thread to criticize the forum.

GTFO
Haha says the twowaxhack lol eat a bag of 🫒🍆💦 seriously, wtf is wrong with you 💩🎒

Mr. Twowax echoed my thoughts perfectly:
"I looked at one of the pics and the job site looks like a literal dump site.
Clean this mess up and then post another pic."

We plumbers have decades of experience but, are not likely to get into the weeds with such a poor layout detail and difficult to parse questions. Just too much time required in this case, sorry.

These responses clearly prove my point.
Well, I responded when I had the time with comments and questions, to which you have yet to reply. I also suggested that you may have not received responses because of the lack of clarity in your questions and identifying the stack in your picture as the main stack, the soil stack, and the vent stack. Breplum's response above confirms that, in his case at least.

It's one thing to help the novice DIYer before he gets into the middle of their project. There have been several posts recently with pictures of a basement rough in with the floor in place and the person is wanting to modify asking for help. We have asked them for more information about their under slab layout, and they provide that so that we can help therm.

You, on the other hand, know some plumbing terms, have already demolished the basement floor, have not provided a detailed drawing or sketch, and your questions/comments cannot be answered because you have misused the terms you think you know. And as I said, I provided you with some information to which you have yet to reply. But you do have time to reply to other posts that goes against the phrase that you were raised on; "If you don't have anything good to offer or say, then don't say anything at all!"

I look forward to your answers to my questions/comments. Maybe then I or someone else can help you further.

I’m not a professional plumber. I’m a handyman and home inspector…

But regarding your comment about professionals, I can’t tell you how many pros we have here, but I can tell you that there are a number of them that post regularly— sometimes multiple times per day— with exceedingly sound advice.

In nearly every case, @Twowaxhack, @MicEd69 or @breplum among others will be posting an answer. I believe they have already suggested why they didn’t reply to your posts. Sometimes a question is asked that just simply doesn’t make enough sense either without further description or photos. Sometimes the original poster will reply, and sometimes they simply disappear. Its certainly not a fault or feature of the forum.

As some others, not a pro plumber, but i enjoy reading this forum, learning, and chiming in when I can. I see your post and don't even try to figure out what your even asking. You could at least take a better picture of each spot your working so the mess that is there might be able to be sorted.
But to call these good people out, and you say "if you can't say something good " well you broke that rule. The people that are here and answer are great people trying there best to help. Your comment does nothing but inflame. I hope you get your troubles sorted out.

This is such a funny - insulting thread. The pros didn't have anything good to say about a mess, so they said nothing. This follows exactly what the OP of this thread said should be done. So because they didn't have anything "good" to say, the whole forum is insulted. And making multiple posts over the forum is called spamming. Now I'll go see if @havasu missed any of the duplicates when deleting them to leave only one thread.

Back