What type of key can I use for the triangle slots to take out the aerator?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never worked on one like that. Post a pic of the entire faucet

I'd try the tips of needle nose pliers. Stick them up there and twist lightly and see if it spins out

It looks like a Glacier Bay (Home Depot) brand that I have. To find out if it's Glacier Bay, take off the cold handle. There will be a plastic tag with the model number on the stem. They will send you a key free. (Take a photo of the tag, as they'll need the number.)

Or-
The aerator key kit in the attached photo may help. It's sold at Ace Hardware. The prongs can be filed if needed.

There are a bunch of different keys & adjustable keys on the market. Search "Aerator Key" on line.

I Hope One of These Is Helpful,
Paul

Attachments

• Key Kit.png
    Key Kit.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
It looks like a Glacier Bay (Home Depot) brand that I have. To find out if it's Glacier Bay, take off the cold handle. There will be a plastic tag with the model number on the stem. They will send you a key free. (Take a photo of the tag, as they'll need the number.)

Or-
The aerator key kit in the attached photo may help. It's sold at Ace Hardware. The prongs can be filed if needed.

There are a bunch of different keys & adjustable keys on the market. Search "Aerator Key" on line.

Paul
Found out it’s a K-6954 Kohler-Alterna Faucet

See how that chrome shines and there’s a reflection ?

I had a lady send me a pic of her jaccuzi faucet and she was butt ass naked and you could see her reflection in the pic innthe faucet.

My wife swears she meant to do it 🤣

Or-

Paul
BDH, did you buy them as a set. I do have a blue one that moen puts out. Not sure if it would work on his faucet or not.

TomFOhio "BDH, did you buy them as a set."
I'm not sure I know what you're asking. I called Glacier Bay and they sent me a key and the aerator free. On a later repair, the sent me the cartridges for hot & cold free, too.
Hope this helps,
Paul

TomFOhio "BDH, did you buy them as a set."
I'm not sure I know what you're asking. I called Glacier Bay and they sent me a key and the aerator free. On a later repair, the sent me the cartridges for hot & cold free, too.
Hope this helps,
Paul
Your picture showed different colored aerator keys and I thought maybe you bought them as a set. After reading your post
again I do see that you said they are available at ace hardware. Thanks...

Latest posts

Back