What to do?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug2123

Reaction score
I had my water main fixed by plumbers, cause I couldn't get it to stop leaking. Anyway, they found out the water main pipe was putting pressure on my sprinkler pvc pipe, and told me its not leaking now, but it probably will. I was going to have them replace it right away, but when they fixed the water main had no water pressure. Took hours for the water company to fix that issue, and the plumbers had left which they couldn't fix the sprinkler if I wanted them too, cause the water company was in the way than.

I tried fixing it myself using the blue lava cement, and primed it first. waited about 1 hour before assembling, and waited weeks to turn the water back on. Yesterday it was leaking bad. Not sure if its the pvc fittings, or the fitting for the meter. Yes my sprinkler system has a meter just like the water main. Its a 6 1/4" pvc pipe going from the meter to the irrigation box or whatever it is. One pvc fitting screws into the irrigation box, and the other end threads into the connector that connects to the meter. Its raining today so i'll have to wait a couple weeks as I am going on vacation, but hopefully I can figure out where its leaking, and fix it. I wrapped teflon tape clockwise for the meter, and irrigation box, and also applied Hercules megaloc thread sealant ontop of the teflon.

So really I am unsure how this is leaking. The plumbers here doing the water main said blue lava shouldn't be used, and clear is all they use. The sprinkler guys used blue lava, and I can't seem to get the blue lava to hold for some reason. I've used the clear in the past with no issues so I am trying to get another pipe glued up, and ready for when I have time to look at it more. Worse comes to worse I have a spare pipe in the garage incase the pipe bursts or something.

The closeup of the meter is the water main, but thats what the pvc is screwing into for the spinkler, and than the other end screws into the box. The 2 boxes close together at the top of the picture is the sprinkler. I would've got pics of the sprinkler system, but its raining. I can get pics when it dries up. The pvc pipe is only 6 1/4" going from box to box. If there is a better material I could use I am open to that as well as its only 6 1/4"

Attachments

• 20231005_122108.jpg
    20231005_122108.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231005_122113.jpg
    20231005_122113.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Hard to tell with all the water in the box, but the amount of blue primer indicates a recent repair? Looks like it failed.

Hard to tell with all the water in the box, but the amount of blue primer indicates a recent repair? Looks like it failed.
Yes. That's the water main before the plumbers fixed it. Like I said I can't get pics of the sprinkler setup, cause of the rain.

Latest posts

Back