What plug for a 3/4" threaded ball valve?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasadena_commut

Reaction score
We have a 3/4" brass ball valve T'd off of our new water line which will be used soon (as in weeks, not days) for the irrigation system. Right now though one end is just waving around in the air, completely exposed. I want to screw a plug into the exposed opening to keep dirt out of it, and also to stop possible water flow if the gardeners or somebody/something else bumps the handle. I'm not sure what sort of threads are on the valve, probably NPT. The valve is stamped with 60W006, or maybe 60W00G, there is other text on the bottom but I couldn't find a mirror just now to read it and the handle print is too small for me to read.

If the threads on the valve are NPT, as sees likely, would this work?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LASCO-Fittings-3-4-in-PVC-Schedule-40-MPT-Plug-450007BC/317626846

They will be common plumbing threads. Any 3/4" basic plug you can find will work. the illustrated one certainly is ok. any hardware store. easier: remove the handle and put tape over the opening for now.

Back