What kind of heads should I use where?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickFlorida

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I drew out my yard to help me design and install a new sprinkler system. The way the old pump and index valve work is I have 3 zones and I am able to find where the pipes from the index valves starts for those zones but I'd like to build all new from there. (new 3/4 pvc in ground and new heads).

I'd like to start with zone 3. (the long skinny zone on the left that is backyard to front). What kind of heads should I use and where should I put them?

Dimensions are in feet. I don't have the ability to pay a professional being a public school teacher so any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• sprinkler system.JPG
    sprinkler system.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Scanned Documents.pdf
    464.5 KB · Views: 0
Just a quick glance at your sketch, It seems that unless you have great water pressure, I think you may need more zones. Is there any way you could add zones?

Looks like the key is that I need to use special nozzles for the spray patterns of my areas like the narrow strips.
I will be using Rainbird heads. So I just need to select these for which to go where I supppose.

Attachments

• nozzles.JPG
    nozzles.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Just a quick glance at your sketch, It seems that unless you have great water pressure, I think you may need more zones. Is there any way you could add zones?
Yeah I have ridiculously powerful water pressure. It's a very deep artesian well and is very powerful. They used 3 zones before which is how I got the idea of where the zones go. (There was an existing system, just too many breaks and want to start over). I never measured the pressure but it's absurd. How do I know? Well.... I accidentally nicked the PVC piple that is from the well and it was so powerful that I could not cap or fix it without a miracle. Luckily, I found the old bronze gate valve to shut it off and I put an additional shut off plastic vavle so I can turn it off before it goes to the pump.

Just a quick update. I didn't want to wait 90 days for the Rainbird or Orbin company to give me a free recommendation so I just started winging it when I realized there are SO many different nozzles, heads, ect. Since I am able to tell that my small side yard and back yard only needed spray heads before, I just am installing new PVC pipe and spray heads and will figure out the nozzle types when complete. I can tell that my larger front yard needed rotars so I i'm basically just doing the same thing. I'm about 35% done with the digging. Florida in August September digging is fun.

Latest posts

Back