What is this pipe?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smackover

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this pipe is coming out of the exterior wall of my house just below my hose spigot? I have one by each of the hose spigots around my house. The pipe appears to have some sort of wire coiled up around it and has a soldered on cap. Is this an interior house water pipe? I hope! I want to use it for a misting system if it is since the house water is filtered and softened. Sorry for the bad picture it was the only one I had. House was built in 06'. Thanks.

pipe.JPG

Well I must have stumped everyone. This is that unique? I'm being told these are irrigation lines.

Usually your irrigation line is tee'd off of you main line before it his the house and the pressure reducer. I really don't know why they would stub them out like that? The wire is a ground wire so don't remove that.

Thanks guys. Yes I confirmed it's an irrigation line. Well I guess I have some options I didn't know I had for watering.

lucky you ;o The hardest part of my sprinkler system was getting the supply line outside... trenching pvc or flex pip is cake

Back