what is the 4th inlet size? (pic)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicine

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to DIY plumbing projects.

I disconnected the dishwasher (i'm assuming from a hot water inlet under the sink) because we never use it, and I added a 3/8" to 1/2" connector tube that I bought at the home depot to set up my sink style clothes washer to connect to the sink inlets instead of screwing in to the sink faucet. The picture does not show this (pre the first step described above with dishwasher inlet connector still connected)

There is a 4th inlet under the sink. It is upside down. I tried screwing in a 3/8" connector but it seems to be too small.

Any tips on what size this is? Could it be that it is missing some adapter piece and this is just a knob that an adapter has to be screwed in to?

It is facing down and the rest are facing up.... Does this mean something?

Please tell me it isn't a gas inlet...

I was hoping the inlet on the bottom left was hot water (washer was hooked to this one) and I was hoping that the bottom right was cold water...

First post, thanks in advance!

EDIT: the second photo shows the 4th inlet up close but the resolution / flash blow-out doesn't show the threads very well. It has threads all the way up the outside of the narrow part of the inlet.

IMG_20131124_170937.jpg

IMG_20131124_210344.jpg

Last edited:
That valve was for a icemaker line. The it isn't the same size as the lines for the sink and dishwasher. It's smaller.

do you think it is a 1/4 inch? or mm??

I imagine there is an adaptor to go from this size to the 3/8" lines?

Thank you!!

Thank you so much!

Is there any danger using this line to fill my 1.4 cu feet "sink faucet" style washer?

Should I buy a new line that connects to the Quarter inch intake and then converts on the other side to 1/2 inch?

I've already bought line that is 3/8inch converting to 1/2 inch on the other side. Is there a conversion piece (female 1/4 to male 3/8?)

I've got this Y-piece jury-rigged with 2 more shut off valves right before the Y to make my faux-faucet to hook the "sink" washer to. I know it was probably over-kill but it's all I could find in the aisles of home-depot.

IMG_20131124_222713.jpg

so the question becomes, do I use the 1/4 inch ice line or do I split the 3/8 inch cold water intake line that goes to the sink?

I barely use the washer, we usually wash on hot. I'm leaning towards using the ice-line and getting some kind of adapter to go from 1/4 ID to connect to the line with 3/8 OD.

The threads on the valves are for compression fittings they are not pipe threads.

I'm too novice to know what this means,

The ones I'm installing on the former dishwasher are _____ (pipe threads?)

And the ice maker line is _____ (compression?)

Does that mean I can't use that ice maker line in for what I want to do?

Latest posts

Back