What is acceptable Fluctation in Water Pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjandris

Reaction score
I measured the water pressure coming into my house with a gauge at the outside water spout nearest (a couple feet) the main feed line. It held steady for several minutes but dropped 1 PSI over about 30 seconds and held steady at that PSI. I figured that is OK but want to confirm that since we have been hearing clanks when water is not running throughout the house since it was built so I am ruling out water pressure fluctuations from the main line as the cause.

Thanks,
JJ

I measured the water pressure coming into my house with a gauge at the outside water spout nearest (a couple feet) the main feed line. It held steady for several minutes but dropped 1 PSI over about 30 seconds and held steady at that PSI. I figured that is OK but want to confirm that since we have been hearing clanks when water is not running throughout the house since it was built so I am ruling out water pressure fluctuations from the main line as the cause.

Thanks,
JJ

1 psi is nothing significant to worry about. common drop in pressure when a fixture is open could be 5 to 10 psi. can be relative to volume of water flow , size of pipe in system and static pressure before the fixture is opened.

Latest posts

Back