What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out my license in one county was invalid when I tried to pull a permit. Tried to straighten that out, needed a letter from another county, found out my license wasn't valid in that county either because they hadn't received a contractor's bond. Called my insurance company, they claim to have sent it out. Drove 30 miles to pick up a new bond, now I am in the waiting area of county #2 waiting to get my license straight here, so they can send a letter to county #1. Then I have to drive another 35 miles to straighten out my license there, pull a permit for a job I am supposed to do this wewkend. It's 2:30, county closes at 5. Think I will make it?

Found out my license in one county was invalid when I tried to pull a permit. Tried to straighten that out, needed a letter from another county, found out my license wasn't valid in that county either because they hadn't received a contractor's bond. Called my insurance company, they claim to have sent it out. Drove 30 miles to pick up a new bond, now I am in the waiting area of county #2 waiting to get my license straight here, so they can send a letter to county #1. Then I have to drive another 35 miles to straighten out my license there, pull a permit for a job I am supposed to do this wewkend. It's 2:30, county closes at 5. Think I will make it?

If you bring a gun, you'll make it.

Until the end of what?

I'm wondering as well. Maybe his huge job is complete?

Long story short.

We took care of the bonds and licensing 2 months early, so we would have plenty of time to take care of hiccups. (I say we because my wife does a lot of this stuff for me) The last insurance agent gave us extremely poor service, so we switched agencies. The only dates on the bond were the date we paid for it, August 1 2013, and a note that the premium payment date was on October 1 of each calendar year. Note that the form is issued by the county, and the insurance company just fills in the blanks. The county took this to mean that we had purchased a 2 month long bond:rolleyes: They then took our money to re up my license for another two years, and then canceled my license on October 1.

Getting my agent to fax over a copy of my receipt that clearly states the date of the bond's effectiveness did not placate the bureaucratic robots at the county, they demanded a continuation bond. My agent had to have the bonding company make one up, send it to her, then fax it to the county.

And then the pencil necked geeks charged me to reinstate my license, plus 50% late reinstatement penalties.

And then tonight I found out we forgot to subtract a big check for materials for a couple of jobs from the account total, so what I spent at the county to get my license will bounce much higher than the fifth floor that I considered jumping off of at the county building.

Phish, Ugh! That is such utter BS that they are charging you fees because they screwed up. I wish there was someone you could contact to get it straightened out without you having to pay. Is there some sort of legal recourse (aside from hiring a lawyer and paying through the nose)?

Today is the day......

Well, I again sat outside at the mailbox for 4 hours because Chris said today was the day, but nothing happened except I received another bill. I was hoping Chris's shipment of beer finally arrived after 5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days and 18 hours. :mad:

So I had to hear from another source that you got hitched last night?

Congrats Chris!

Last edited:
Well I been shoveling snow all day. About 8 inches in illinois

Back