What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad your wife is getting better and also that she found what her problems were. Take care.
Thanks Tom. Much appreciated.

And now for something completely different:

I want our money back! All three of us, wife daughter and myself, who went on vacation to Bermuda all had flu shots late last year. All three of us came back with raging cases of Influenza A! I thought the vaccine was supposed to prevent the flu especially the common ones like type A? Well, I guess not!

Also, the pharmacist who's been dealing me drugs for two decades now, said that next year's flu shot will have some COVID stuff in it too! They've got to be kidding!

I heard the same. I use to get flu shots annually, but since they are sneaking a way to make more money for big pharma by adding the "vid vaccine", I've decided no more gambling shots for me.

Get the vaccine if you
  • Are a gay, bisexual, or other same-gender loving man who has sex with men or are transgender, gender non-binary, or gender-diverse.
  • Have had sexual or intimate contact with someone who may have mpox. Get vaccinated as soon as possible after exposure, regardless of your sexual or gender identity.

Sadly, I don’t qualify.

Probably aimed at me. Since I said I didn't like my social security being taxed, just because I took a draw from my 401k. (That only has about 80k in it , by the way) far from being rich.
you and me brother - far from being "rich". But I am blessed. I just get triggered on this nonsense against the rich. I see tax evasion all day long. I cannot get a crew in to my house for less than 5k. The PM is the only person I would assume to be legal... lots of cash flowing, tax evasion, etc.

you and me brother - far from being "rich". But I am blessed. I just get triggered on this nonsense against the rich. I see tax evasion all day long. I cannot get a crew in to my house for less than 5k. The PM is the only person I would assume to be legal... lots of cash flowing, tax evasion, etc.
Before I contract with a company to do work be it flooring, roofing or plumbing, I ask the POC if they use E-Verify. Some do. Some don’t. Some get upset for even asking.

Blueskyhigh, I'm glad your wife is OK now but yikes! That must have been horrifying. Give her some hugs from me please.

Had to take my brother to urgent care because his leg was hurting more and is swelling and hot to the touch. They said to go to the ER. Clerk there was very sweet. It wasn't busy and he also had to get bloodwork for an upcoming appointment so we knocked that out too. He's got achilles tendonitis. Was told to take Naprosyn, put on a lace up ankle brace, rest, ice, compression, elevation, stay off the foot as much as possible. Doctor wrote him a note for work to say he needs to stay off his feet.

As an aside, You know how I said Mom accused me of throwing out her tax forms or of losing them somehow and she got mad at me and I've been stressing out over it and finally got all the info together again? Well, today she asked me to bring her purse so she could get something out of it. Guess what she found in her purse? No apology from her over it, but she then remembered she put the envelope with all of the taxes in it to take to the bank with her when she had to withdraw a mandated amount from the IRA account to transfer to savings bc IRS demands it. Kicker is, I even asked her to look in her purse and she refused and pouted and was angry and stressed and stressing me out. I'm vindicated at least and in retrospect its a bit funny. I told her that once we had all the stuff again that it would turn up and it did. LOL.

Yes, Shingrex is a proven inoculation. That was my last shot I've received. I dont think anyone died of a heart attack after the Shingrex shot.
Ist shingrix shot, sore and cranky, 2nd shot, every side effect they list, along with neuopothy , and GCA / PMR ... had to go on prednisone for 5 years. I'll be Fighting the neuopothy until I die.
There is a Facebook group about it and how it can have devastating effects on You.
I am as antivax as you can get.

Blueskyhigh, I'm glad your wife is OK now but yikes! That must have been horrifying. Give her some hugs from me please.

Had to take my brother to urgent care because his leg was hurting more and is swelling and hot to the touch. They said to go to the ER. Clerk there was very sweet. It wasn't busy and he also had to get bloodwork for an upcoming appointment so we knocked that out too. He's got achilles tendonitis. Was told to take Naprosyn, put on a lace up ankle brace, rest, ice, compression, elevation, stay off the foot as much as possible. Doctor wrote him a note for work to say he needs to stay off his feet.

As an aside, You know how I said Mom accused me of throwing out her tax forms or of losing them somehow and she got mad at me and I've been stressing out over it and finally got all the info together again? Well, today she asked me to bring her purse so she could get something out of it. Guess what she found in her purse? No apology from her over it, but she then remembered she put the envelope with all of the taxes in it to take to the bank with her when she had to withdraw a mandated amount from the IRA account to transfer to savings bc IRS demands it. Kicker is, I even asked her to look in her purse and she refused and pouted and was angry and stressed and stressing me out. I'm vindicated at least and in retrospect its a bit funny. I told her that once we had all the stuff again that it would turn up and it did. LOL.
Thanks, Zanne. My wife came home Wednesday after the doc found a couple of 32mm bleeders in her tummy and cauterized them closed and, of course, I will relay the hugs! A course of acid reducers for a couple of months is all the prescriptions that she received. No change in diet required but they did say stop popping the NSAIDS like they were Tic Tac candies!!

I am glad they figured out what's up with your brother's leg. Once again, don't pop the NSAIDS like candy because his stomach may be the worse for it.

Vindication is yours regarding your mom's tax forms! Romans 12:19 comes to mind and it speaks about forgiveness :)

Last edited:
Ist shingrix shot, sore and cranky, 2nd shot, every side effect they list, along with neuopothy , and GCA / PMR ... had to go on prednisone for 5 years. I'll be Fighting the neuopothy until I die.
There is a Facebook group about it and how it can have devastating effects on You.
I am as antivax as you can get.
I like prednisone. Celebrex too. First time I've heard of anyone getting a bad reaction to Shingrix. Good to know.

I like prednisone. Celebrex too. First time I've heard of anyone getting a bad reaction to Shingrix. Good to know.
Yes, there actually opening studies and investigations over it. It's probably fine for most people. But for others... I would have rather had the shingles. Plus the shot is only effective for 4 or 5 years , after that the protective potency goes down quickly.

I seen a guy that had shingles. No way do I want that pain.
No, that is a terrible thing, but if you happen to be one of the unlucky ones (and there are more than you would think) that result is worse than getting shingles. Try having to use those scooters when you go into a store. Or be so wiped out when you come out, that you can hardly function. neuropathy devastates you beyond anything you can imagine, being weak is just one little effect of it, it's a slow and sometimes terrible torture that there is no cure.

Back