What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Easter is now “Transgender Day of Visibility”. Cool stuff, huh?" Not totally true . That"Day" is actually the 31st so it won't always be the same day as Easter . I looked it up. Still BS any way you look at it. 1.6 % of the population is trans, and they get a special day ?
Roger that I got snookered by a certain news outlet. Never again! On the other hand, they certainly could have tried to move Easter, correction, Resurrection Day.

Last edited:
I spent the night in the local hospital's ER and ICU. Nice people and their chairs lay down into pretty nice beds. I tried to get pictures of the plumbing, etc., but they disallowed pictures or video in the treatment areas.

Awwwwwe the rich Americans don’t want to pay their taxes……I feewl sowwey fo you’s
At least I'm not one of these guys that post on the retirment forum, saying they have 3 or 4M in thier 401k, with another 1m in savings, with a pension, plus thier maxed out ss, asking if they have enough to retire. Those guys irritate me. I suppose it all comes back to what your standard of living is.

Retired USA citizen (or retarded?) here who is/was proud to pay high taxes this year (sold my lake house for big capital gain). Im ok w us/usa going broke fighting Putin and bailing out every US disaster for example, still sad that my contribution might only light up a few Ukranian-owned Russian-occupied trenches,posts,etc. Government is a ***** through, really, no wonder our brains have been turned off on the concept. Seek the truth, and it's all relative... so all YOU can do is vote against the least likely liar. Peace

Retired USA citizen (or retarded?) here who is/was proud to pay high taxes this year [...]

Meanwhile someone else believes only peons are meant to pay taxes, whereas claiming to be a multi-billionaire while paying no taxes at all, "That makes me smart."

Retired USA citizen (or retarded?) here who is/was proud to pay high taxes this year (sold my lake house for big capital gain). Im ok w us/usa going broke fighting Putin and bailing out every US disaster for example, still sad that my contribution might only light up a few Ukranian-owned Russian-occupied trenches,posts,etc. Government is a ***** through, really, no wonder our brains have been turned off on the concept. Seek the truth, and it's all relative... so all YOU can do is vote against the least likely liar. Peace
Now, if you were allowed to deduct the inflationary effect, your "gain" would pale!

I was sick on Easter. Pretty much slept all day. My brother had some bug and had been throwing up the past couple of days. Bugger ate all of my donuts and then went to work and upchucked them. He got overtime pay for working on Easter.

Today I worked on my lightsaber project and installed a shelf in my bathroom. Also went to Walmart for some crackers and stuff Mom requested. Ordered McDonalds on the app and drove home, forgot to stop to pick up my order. Cooked for Mom and headed back in to pick up my order. Stuffed my face with a double quarter pounder with cheese while the dog whined in my ear because she wanted some.

Today is my sister's 50th birthday so I've been chatting with her online.

I was sick on Easter. Pretty much slept all day. My brother had some bug and had been throwing up the past couple of days. Bugger ate all of my donuts and then went to work and upchucked them. He got overtime pay for working on Easter.
Sorry about your Easter and glad you were able to get it and at least your brother kept you from eating the donuts :) wink, wink. Nudge nudge.

I had to call 911 for my wife late Easter evening. She passed out in the bathroom and, when I heard the thud, I found her lying in a pool of blood unable to move. The EMTs were onsite in five minutes with a Sheriff's deputy in tow (just to make sure everyone remained safe (if you get my drift). Off to the Emergency Room for triage and then into the ICU where I spent the night with her. Turns out the pains in her stomach she'd been feeling were bleeding ulcers and she probably passed out due to a sudden blood pressure. Yesterday they did the upper endoscopy and found the offending holes in her stomach lining and cauterized them on the way out. She spent last night there too and the forced weight reduction plan, nothing to eat or drink for the past two days, is making her cranky. Hopefully she will be able to come home today but I suspect they will keep her another day at least. I was never so scared in all my life!

Even though I hate nearly urban living, I give thanks to God that we are close to medical services and, in our county, there are fantastic!

Wasn’t this the issue that got Mitt Romney in trouble when he said 49% of Americans pay zero Federal taxes?
As well as a few others. The fact is, almost half of the voters in the US pay no DIRECT <-- pay attention federal taxes. In the US, there are so many taxes embedded in the economy it radically increases the cost of living.

Seriously? Your link says you are in the US. Do you actually run a business? Do you have any idea how this works, or are you just into plumbing?
I’m serious. Yes I run a business. Yes I know how this works and I’m “ into “ plumbing.

Anymore questions ? Now, be sure to pay your tax. I pay mine every quarter. Thank you !

I’m serious. Yes I run a business. Yes I know how this works and I’m “ into “ plumbing.

Anymore questions ? Now, be sure to pay your tax. I pay mine every quarter. Thank you !
Okay, so what's with the attitude? "Awwwwwe the rich Americans don’t want to pay their taxes……I feewl sowwey fo you’s"

The vast majority of "the rich's" wealth is invested in business. They, you, me create wealth. The government taxes this and destroys wealth. So explain your attitude. Honest question. Keep in mind that the government is not going to come for the rich. Those 90k new IRS auditors? They are coming for you and me. Small business, middle class. You know why? Not enough "awwwwww poor rich americans".

Okay, so what's with the attitude? "Awwwwwe the rich Americans don’t want to pay their taxes……I feewl sowwey fo you’s"

The vast majority of "the rich's" wealth is invested in business. They, you, me create wealth. The government taxes this and destroys wealth. So explain your attitude. Honest question. Keep in mind that the government is not going to come for the rich. Those 90k new IRS auditors? They are coming for you and me. Small business, middle class. You know why? Not enough "awwwwww poor rich americans".
Probably aimed at me. Since I said I didn't like my social security being taxed, just because I took a draw from my 401k. (That only has about 80k in it , by the way) far from being rich.

Sorry about your Easter and glad you were able to get it and at least your brother kept you from eating the donuts :) wink, wink. Nudge nudge.

I had to call 911 for my wife late Easter evening. She passed out in the bathroom and, when I heard the thud, I found her lying in a pool of blood unable to move. The EMTs were onsite in five minutes with a Sheriff's deputy in tow (just to make sure everyone remained safe (if you get my drift). Off to the Emergency Room for triage and then into the ICU where I spent the night with her. Turns out the pains in her stomach she'd been feeling were bleeding ulcers and she probably passed out due to a sudden blood pressure. Yesterday they did the upper endoscopy and found the offending holes in her stomach lining and cauterized them on the way out. She spent last night there too and the forced weight reduction plan, nothing to eat or drink for the past two days, is making her cranky. Hopefully she will be able to come home today but I suspect they will keep her another day at least. I was never so scared in all my life!

Even though I hate nearly urban living, I give thanks to God that we are close to medical services and, in our county, there are fantastic!
I'm glad your wife is getting better and also that she found what her problems were. Take care.

Back