What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure this has any relevance to anything, but today a man dressed in his German military uniform was out for a walk with is dog and got the living crap kicked out of him by three or four individuals. Don’t know if it had anything to do with the Vietnam War Memorial Day celebrated today and your’s truly’s birthday, but God bless those who served and died for our country.

Ss is taxed if you bring in other income. I believe you take 1/2 of her ss, add It to any other income, if the total is more than 25k (if filing single) then a percent is taxed. But then you deduct her standard deduction, so she could end up with 0 tax.
There is online calculators that can give you a good idea .
I use this one...pretty easy to use.
https://www.dinkytown.net/java/1040-tax-calculator.html
Wasn’t this the issue that got Mitt Romney in trouble when he said 49% of Americans pay zero Federal taxes?

y’all need to be more inclusive
I guess I'm just not woke. Im really not even sure what that means.
Really Tired of years of stuff being forced upon me.
I went to a mandatory meeting way back about women in the workforce.
I told them they belonged at home in the kitchen, they could be barefoot if they wanted.
But that was before it required 2 incomes to aford to live.
I'd prefer that the economy be such that a man could let his wife stay home or work if she pleased, but he could take of her without her having to work.
I think my wife works harder at home than if she ever went to work.

I told them they belonged at home in the kitchen, they could be barefoot if they wanted.
I'd prefer that the economy be such that a man could let his wife stay home or work if she pleased, but he could take of her without her having to work.

"Easter is now “Transgender Day of Visibility”. Cool stuff, huh?" Not totally true . That"Day" is actually the 31st so it won't always be the same day as Easter . I looked it up. Still BS any way you look at it. 1.6 % of the population is trans, and they get a special day ?

Yes, but you had the benefit of no tax while you enjoyed compound growth
I dont mind paying my fair share from my RMD. I just don't love paying on the social security.
But that's the way it is. I would like to see the way they tax the SS updated by increasing the 25/32 single / Joint tax cutoffs, up to maybe 35/50.
Hopfully I said that ok... let's do this
Take 1/2 your SS, add all the rest of your income (rmd, pensions, interest) subtract your standard deduction... if your over the 25k for single or 32k joint. There is a formula they use to get a percentage of your ss that gets taxed.
I know that's not real clear, but you kinda get the idea. It's been 25/32 for a very long time and needs to be adjusted to keep up with inflation.....

Latest posts

Back