What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been that far east, but have been admitted to Monument Health Hospital in Rapid City, while staying with friends in the hills between Sturgis and Deadwood. Love that area.

I gave up on Critical Defense ammo. Half my guns will not feed that overpriced crap unless I spend hours polishing the ramp to a mirror surface. My Glocks especially hate that ammo.
That's why I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 ACP. Just kidding. My wife carries a Glock loaded with either Critical Defense or Critical Duty and it seems to work fine.

Regarding S.D., I'd like to see their Governor on a Presidential ticket someday.

Never been that far east, but have been admitted to Monument Health Hospital in Rapid City, while staying with friends in the hills between Sturgis and Deadwood. Love that area.

I gave up on Critical Defense ammo. Half my guns will not feed that overpriced crap unless I spend hours polishing the ramp to a mirror surface. My Glocks especially hate that ammo.
I have to polish the ramps on my kimbers no matter what ammo I shoot.🫤

So, years ago, my buddy (who is now the Chief of Police of a prominent city near Los Angeles) came over with his new Kimber .380. We were unloading and dry firing his gun and comparing it to my Walther PPKS .380.

We were both satisfied, loaded up the guns and set them on the coffee table in front of us.

My ex wife, who had heard us dry firing these weapons from another room, thinking they were still unloaded. She grabs Scott's Kimber, pointed it at the TV, and quickly fired it, before we had a chance to tell her the guns were now loaded.

Damn if she didn't shoot out the TV, killing it.

One of those "oops" moments for sure.

So, years ago, my buddy (who is now the Chief of Police of a prominent city near Los Angeles) came over with his new Kimber .380. We were unloading and dry firing his gun and comparing it to my Walther PPKS .380.

We were both satisfied, loaded up the guns and set them on the coffee table in front of us.

My ex wife, who had heard us dry firing these weapons from another room, thinking they were still unloaded. She grabs Scott's Kimber, pointed it at the TV, and quickly fired it, before we had a chance to tell her the guns were now loaded.

Damn if she didn't shoot out the TV, killing it.

One of those "oops" moments for sure.
Inquiring minds want to know who was on the TV at the time that deserved this treatment?

Our family had a sad experience with a gun also. My stepbrother always stored a loaded pistol, a wheel gun between the mattress and the bedsprings on his side of the bed. One day his wife was taking the sheet set off to wash the sheets and she dislodged the pistol causing it to fall to the floor firing a fatal round through her head. We never were told how the pistol was configured to allow this to happen but it did.

Inquiring minds want to know who was on the TV at the time that deserved this treatment?

Our family had a sad experience with a gun also. My stepbrother always stored a loaded pistol, a wheel gun between the mattress and the bedsprings on his side of the bed. One day his wife was taking the sheet set off to wash the sheets and she dislodged the pistol causing it to fall to the floor firing a fatal round through her head. We never were told how the pistol was configured to allow this to happen but it did.
Sounds like Elvis Presley

Years ago, my father-in-law came in from a morning of deer hunting and unloaded the chamber of his Winchester 94, left the magazine full. let the hammer down and laid the rifle on his bed. My mother-in-law had a friend visiting and her friend was concerned that the rifle was loaded. So, my mother-in-law worked the lever, showed her the chamber was empty, then closed the action and laid it back on the bed. It was a good thing my father-in-law noticed the hammer was cocked as he picked up the rifle for his afternoon hunt.

Sorry for not posting for awhile. Trying to get myself on some sort of schedule but its not working. Allergies are kicking my tail today. I've been beingewatching Star Trek and Star Wars stuff.

I need to take pictures of the boxes of the APCs. The old APC was working just fine until recently and then it started shutting off. We replaced the outlet it was plugged into. It could be the battery in that one is bad. Also could be all the roaches climbing all over it and crapping on it. Not sure what the problem is on the brand new ones. One of them can't even run just the modem without shutting off. It starts making clicking noises, then beeps multiple times and then shuts off or does one long nonstop BEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Granted, there is a power strip connecting the modem to the unit because otherwise the plug can't reach.

The other new one does the same thing. It has a monitor, computer, landline phone charger, speakers, & USB charging device plugged in. Should not be overloaded. Mom's desk is full of roaches though. She won't let me use diatomaceous earth all over it like I want to do and she keeps food and lots of paper stuff up there. She also has mice on her desk. I can't mess with anything on her desk without her having a fit. It's a disgusting mess. Roaches are all up in her computer. I'm going to have to clean them out again and put on covers over any vents that can let them in. I already took it apart once and cleaned them out and put roach poison inside (not on any electronic things). Mice used to get into it but we sealed it up enough mice can't get in but roaches still can.

My APC has a couple fried outlets from a cat puking down the back and the liquid getting between the plugs & the outlets and shorting stuff out. Makes buzzing noises and actually had smoke come out of it last time I plugged something in to one of the affected outlets (the ones at the top). But I think the battery finally died. I ended up ordering a new unit rather than replace the battery because of the burned outlets. It doesn't shut off while the power is on but it beeps a lot. However, when power goes off it shuts off immediately. My new one should be at the post office right now but I'm waiting until my body feels like moving to go in bc I also have to go to Walmart to pick up Mom's RX and get some groceries. Anyway, when I set up the new one, I'm putting some sort of cover over the back end where the plugs are so cat vomit can't hit them. It is too large to fit in the cable management box-- I'll be putting a power strip and other cables in the management box to protect them from the cats.

Mom had a foot doctor appointment yesterday. She used to see one up in Alexandria but they refused to let her have an appointment again for some reason & a new one opened up in town. Doctor must be accustomed to half deaf patients because she speaks very loudly. She wants to put mom on some oral medication to kill the toe fungus. She used some industrial dremel thingy to take off some fungus & grind down the toenails that were all thick and hideous. Mom hasn't been letting me put the fungus cream on her toes so it really got out of hand. I was alarmed that the doctor didn't wear any eye protection. Stuff was flying everywhere- I had to shield my eyes to avoid getting hit by some of it. Fungus toenail shavings in the eye would really suck.

I'm procrastinating on getting up. LOL.

Got up and took a nice long shower, helped Mom brush her hair, went to vote (and brought Mom along to drop off her mail-in ballot-- don't trust post office not to lose it), got some groceries at Walmart, stopped by DMV to renew my license (since it expires tomorrow and DMV will be closed), stopped by post office to return a misdelivered letter, dropped off some softsoap at friend's house (we were just talking about how Flintstones had an episode with softsoap), unloaded & put away groceries, organized some stuff, ate a salad, washed some dishes, played with the cats (found a sort of kitty fishing pole without a reel). Worked to lure Itsy out of Mom's room when she zerged in.

Currently sitting with my feet up & waiting for Mom to want food.

As an aside, I want to make a weird lightsaber blaster combo (nicknamed the stapelegun lightsaber) out of plumbing parts or something. I saw how to make something out of cardboard (which I do have a lot of) but wanted it to be sturdier. However, I just discovered that empty caulk tubes are sturdier than the cardboard so I may put some of those to use.

Who is being elected? Local?
It's like early gubernatorial to narrow down the field of candidates (bc there were about 10), some state officials, and some amendments to the law. Tax stuff and some redundant things that don't need to be passed. Stuff like amendments to take away away property tax exemption for non profits and individuals where the property is in such disrepair that its a hazard.

My brother got home from work pretty late last night so it was already my birthday & he cooked for me.

Just got woken up by the phone and it was my uncle. He was trying to call his pastor but accidentally called me instead & was crying. His wife of 50+ years is dying. She's on life support since Wednesday & they are pulling the plug today.

Got a minor sinus headache and crying isn't helping. Going to try to take a nap.

Got up and took a nice long shower, helped Mom brush her hair, went to vote (and brought Mom along to drop off her mail-in ballot-- don't trust post office not to lose it), got some groceries at Walmart, stopped by DMV to renew my license (since it expires tomorrow and DMV will be closed), stopped by post office to return a misdelivered letter, dropped off some softsoap at friend's house (we were just talking about how Flintstones had an episode with softsoap), unloaded & put away groceries, organized some stuff, ate a salad, washed some dishes, played with the cats (found a sort of kitty fishing pole without a reel). Worked to lure Itsy out of Mom's room when she zerged in.

Currently sitting with my feet up & waiting for Mom to want food.

As an aside, I want to make a weird lightsaber blaster combo (nicknamed the stapelegun lightsaber) out of plumbing parts or something. I saw how to make something out of cardboard (which I do have a lot of) but wanted it to be sturdier. However, I just discovered that empty caulk tubes are sturdier than the cardboard so I may put some of those to use.
Make sure you post a pic when you finish making it...

Back