What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spent the day with buddies,

forest cow meat on home made biscuits

did some shooting, actually chopped a tree down with my ak. lol

good company, good conversation, good day

I thought you misspelled axe. was it a really big tree?

tree.jpg

I thought you misspelled axe. was it a really big tree?

3'' or 4'' about 20' tall pine

we set a silhouette up and Art, the gun smith from sum gy custom.

fine tuned 2 forrest davis competition 1911's.

then we broke out the toys, 3 Ak's, 1, m 16, and ar 15

we all tore that silhouette to hell, by this time, we had given him a name.

Art's son, Jessie. was useing my ak. when the tree fell.

we all yelled timber and laughs all around.

Ms Annie, brought out a pitcher of ice cold sweet tea,

followed by the deer steak biscuits

we spent the next few hours solving the worlds problems and picking on each other. fun times

wish you could have been there.

That's my kinda fun right there. Keep the beers for you. I would rather " hash out" my troubles��. I won't touch the guns or even move outta my chair.... Man it's been awhile since I had good clean fun. My way. Kids and family are fun but a day on the lake where nobody calls me daddy. Maybe my hot wife calling me big daddy but she needs to leave the boat once she done. Don't tell her I said that.

rule at my place

NO, beers,/ alcohol when guns are present.

period, end of discussion, if you dont like my no alcohol rule

get in the truck and leave.

really? just having fun? on private property ?

Matt, you gotta take a vacation and head this way.

we will spend the day shooting, fishing, and then have a fish fry that evening

Vacation? One can only dream.

But yeah, gun rules here are pretty strict on what you can own and not own. I exaggerate a little bit, but even on your own property it's frowned upon. It's Canada man!

Frodo, those biscuits looked delicious.

My cold developed into a sinus infection so I'm taking a bunch of medicine and resting. The weather has actually been beautiful the last several days. Before the sinus infection started kicking my ass, I was going for walks and I managed to climb further under the house to look at the plumbing. Someone had marked one of the joists with a date and initials. Looked like 1 22 47 FAT.

The bad news is, tees were used instead of wyes, shower line slopes up instead of down, no vents, toilets on same line with what I think used to be a vent, but it doesn't come out the roof so I think it terminates in the wall or attic. The good news is, some parts of the "octopus" of pipes under there are old defunct lines that were cut off and just left under there, so it wasn't as bad as I'd thought.

My brother bought a 95 Chevy C1500 in poor condition. Had to get it towed back to town for $50. Paid someone $120 to take the lift kit off the rear, replace the driveshaft and U-bolts, it was another few hundred to get it registered, and he bummed $100 from me for the insurance, then $58 for the plate, then $70 for multiple parts from the You-Pull-It auto lot, and $150+ for a new battery and driver side mirror glass.

We got up very early to to to the You-Pull-It place. It was pretty awesome. All sorts of old vehicles up on blocks. You bring your own tools and search through to find what you want, pull it yourself, and then take it up to the front and they have a chart of what things are worth. The driver's side seat was broken so we snagged one for $40, got a trim piece for the dash, some of the cover thingies for something on the doors, a plastic piece for under the bumper, radiator cap, and a center console for between the bucket seats. The interior matched my brother's truck so he was happy. If we hadn't had to be back in time for my doctor's appointment, I probably could have stayed out there all day poking around and looking inside the wrecks. The autographed baseball my brother found was free. LOL. It was pretty faded though. After my appointment when my brother went to work, I ended up getting the battery and mirror glass for him so a friend could put it in. He was able to drive it home that night and I no longer have to drive him places. My bro still needs to get it painted. He really liked the Rustoleum ultra marine blue, but only found it in touch-up paint and not the full color. So, he's thinking of getting matte black, slapping the Punisher logo on the hood, and getting some white pinstripe details or something. It will look interesting with the bright pink steering wheel cover he has.

Frodo, those biscuits looked delicious.

here is the key..
th

2 cups SB flour
1/2 cup butter
7/8 cup milk

cut butter into flour, add milk, mix with a knife.
put onto a greased cookie sheet, with floured hands,
shap into a square 1/2'' thick--to 3/4'' thick
cut into squares. 425 in pre heated oven till brown
approx 20 min
trick is NOT to handle and kneed to much

13f4124a90f8df02af2e921a250ce0bf.jpg

Contractor didn't want us to go back home and get the excavator, they said they will handle it with the scraper lmao!

here is the key..
th

2 cups SB flour
1/2 cup butter
7/8 cup milk

cut butter into flour, add milk, mix with a knife.
put onto a greased cookie sheet, with floured hands,
shap into a square 1/2'' thick--to 3/4'' thick
cut into squares. 425 in pre heated oven till brown
approx 20 min
trick is NOT to handle and kneed to much

Now my mouth is watering. I wonder if those would cook in the Nu-wave. My regular oven is kaput and I need a new one.

Went to U-Pull-It again today. Got a membership card since we are going back there soon. My brother's driveshaft was bent and it shattered the brackets or something so he needed a new one. We had a time limit so we had to be back by noon and didn't have as much time to look around. Saw some seats a friend wants for his truck that we might go back for, but someone took just the brackets off of them and left them there. Got a tire for my brother's boss (he needed a 14 inch 5 bolt one for a spare). Talked to the dealership that sold us the truck and they are just now sending out the title, but they were being told our address wasn't valid. Told them to use that address anyway and UPS would deliver and worst case scenario, I could meet UPS in town at Pizza Hut to pick it up. They said it should arrive by Thursday. Dropped my brother off at work and I get to pick him back up at 10.

Thats some big grading equipment for digging a sewer line.

years ago, I was on a old gravel road, out in the middle of nowhere.

I was hauling ass, as i came around a corner, doing the float

back then we called it fish tailing,

i ran smack into the front tire of a damn grader ....

I got out yelling at him..Where the hell did you come from ?

he said ME? where the hell did YOU come from ??

I need a transmission for a 96 s10 4x4

years ago, I was on a old gravel road, out in the middle of nowhere.

I was hauling ass, as i came around a corner, doing the float

back then we called it fish tailing,

i ran smack into the front tire of a damn grader ....

I got out yelling at him..Where the hell did you come from ?

he said ME? where the hell did YOU come from ??

I need a transmission for a 96 s10 4x4

Ahh, flying down a backroad. Nothing better, until you hit the grader!

Frodo you ever make beer bread with that self rising flour?

nope, but if you give ma a recipe, i will make a loaf

I have made bread, with a bread maker and without a bread maker

i love fresh bred, https://nuts.com/

this place has some really good stuff.

i got the sourdough and dried cheddar cheese from them.

3 cups self rising flour
1 can/ bottle of beer
1/2 cup butter
Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with beer and flour and top with rest of butter than bake. I like to add cheese, olives, green onion.

Last edited:
Frodo, you mentioned mixing the flour and butter with a knife. Please elaborate a bit on how this is accomplished. I was also told to use real cold butter, rather then softened butter. Does this make sense?

Back