What Can I Do About Protruding Vent/Drain Pipes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurferJoe

Reaction score
So my wife and I decided that we would upgrade our bathroom and remove the cheap cabinets the builder put in and replace our tub with a free standing tub. While removing the old cabinets and bath we noticed that the drain for the vanity protrudes slightly through the wall into the floor and the vent for the bathtub drain protrudes even worse. I've never seen anything like this but maybe its common place. Anyways our intention is to install the freestanding tub and vanity but don't want these unsightly pipes showing. If anyone can share the best way to fix this we sure would appreciate it. FYI it appears that the builder was avoiding the beam running through the outside wall. The beam appears to be about 15.5" x 3.25" so I don't know if it can be notched or not. Any help would be super appreciated!!

Thanks,
Joe

47694d1439068568-what-can-do-about-protruding-vent-drain-pipes-bathroom-vent-pipes.jpg

for the vanity, a custom toe kick will hide the pipe

the tub, a 45 degree fur out. just enough to cover.

these will be the cheapest fixs

another option for the tub
take the floor out, and replumb so the drain/water is on the other end of the tub
take ceiling out, to run the new vent to the old vent

could you back up, and take a picture of the whole wall,?? instead of just the pipe
i can get a better perspective

for the vanity, a custom toe kick will hide the pipe

the tub, a 45 degree fur out. just enough to cover.

these will be the cheapest fixs

another option for the tub
take the floor out, and replumb so the drain/water is on the other end of the tub
take ceiling out, to run the new vent to the old vent

could you back up, and take a picture of the whole wall,?? instead of just the pipe
i can get a better perspective

This is as far back as I can go back to take a picture.

how far is pipe from side wall.

free standing tub is 30 or 32'' wide

30-1/4" Wide
29-1/2" High
71" Long

There is wall on the other side of the Window About 4 Feet

The Tub Drain Pipe is 7" from exterior wall.

It's about 35.5" from the drain pipe to the vent pipe that protrudes on the left side.

The vent pipe protrudes about 2.5" out from the wall going into the floor at about a 45˙ angle

Back