Well pump leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perspect

Reaction score
This is what I assume to be the well pump at my daughter's house. What would be the best way to fix this? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpg
    IMG_4365.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4363.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4364.jpg
    IMG_4364.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 7
The best way to fix it is to call me. I will replace that Cycle Stop Valve CSV125 for free. Sorry for your problem. We got one bad batch of plastic and are seeing a few cracks. Just get me the model number off the red collar.

The best way to fix it is to call me. I will replace that Cycle Stop Valve CSV125 for free. Sorry for your problem. We got one bad batch of plastic and are seeing a few cracks. Just get me the model number off the red collar.
Thanks Valveman. Looks like you're in Lubbock. I'm in Southwest Florida.

OK that is a CSV12550-1. Just call and we will ship a new one at no charge.
Not to bother since this an old thread but I have one leaking also. The difference is I don't have the excess pipe on either end. Was hoping to take the valve apart, screw the ends back on the pvc the screw the valve body together. Is that doable?

Not to bother since this an old thread but I have one leaking also. The difference is I don't have the excess pipe on either end. Was hoping to take the valve apart, screw the ends back on the pvc the screw the valve body together. Is that doable?
No you won't be able to put it back together like that. There are screws under the red coupling that actually hold the valve together. If it is leaking in the middle and not from the threads the o-ring seal inside has failed. This is usually from something slimly or abrasive in the water. Call us, we can help.

There’s no free lunch with a well, it’s always something.

Thanks for posting…..👍

There is no free lunch with city water either. You are just paying many times more for water than with a well, by paying someone else to take care of the pumps for you. I have a well that cost me maybe 5K to drill and install a pump in about 25-30 years ago. That well has supplied 5,000 gallons everyday for all those years for about 10K in electrical cost. I cannot even imagine how much it would have cost to have used that many millions of gallons of city water. If you don't use much, you can afford city water. If you irrigate or have any large water demands city water would be extremely expensive.

Well pumps that last 20 plus years without expensive maintenance are the exception, not the rule.

IMO private wells are best suited for irrigation where a lot of water is used for long periods of time. They’re a maintenance nightmare.0A0C593A-013F-41FF-A15D-2170890E86CA.jpeg
There use to be a well pump in that little house. Now it’s a great lawnmower shed and they’ll have a constant 80 psi and there’s a new fire hydrant out front that gives a discount on homeowners insurance. A homeowner well system is useless against a fire.

No pressure switches, special valves or electricity needed.

This customer has three wells on his property.

Two have had multiple failures causing great inconvenience.

Now his troubles are over. That’s not opinion, it’s a fact.

A power outage will not interrupt his water supply and his generator doesn’t have to run just to take a shower.y

He’s not just paying for someone else’s to take care of the pumps. He’s paying for treatment and delivery. He’s also paying for a water tower that holds the reserves. He gets a fire hydrant. No electricity needed.

There’s a lot more to a private well that just the “ pump “. Many things can fail and DO…..

Last edited:
All that said, I need you to look up my well pump thread and advise me on what cyclestop valve I need. Guaranteed sale if you’ll help figure out what we need.

My custy is keeping 2 wells and wants a cycle stop on one of them.

The other well he has is used to fill a pond and doesn’t cycle.

Honestly, I don't know why you are on the pumps and wells forum trying to talk people into switching from a well to city water? Most people who have wells do not have a choice. And most people who have city water don't have it any better. The exception to the rule is a city that dependably supplies water at the correct and needed pressure. I sell many more control systems for booster pumps where the city water pressure is inadequate than I do for well pumps. If they want good or decent pressure, many people have to boost city water pressure with the same kind of pumps and controls we use on wells. Other cities supply too much pressure and people have lots of problems with the required pressure reducing valves and accessories. Even in cites where there is no elevation change, they have problems delivering consistent pressure over many miles. Throw in a few hills and valleys and the problem gets even worse.

I am sure I could help you with the pump you mention. But I have looked, and can't find it. I am good with pumps but a little challenged with computer stuff. :)

Honestly, I don't know why you are on the pumps and wells forum trying to talk people into switching from a well to city water?
Because I want what’s best for most people. I assure you I’m
Not getting paid to advise people to get city water if it’s available and good quality.

Everyone doesn’t need their own private water well and the maintenance that goes along with it.

City water is one of the most reliable public utilities there is.

You think your cycle stop valve causes the pump and tank manufacture problems by making equipment last too long…and they don’t like that.

I propose good quality city water causes YOU and the pump industry problems by making both you and the pump/tank manufacturers products unnecessary.

Make sense ?

Last edited:
I propose good quality city water causes YOU and the pump industry problems by making both you and the pump/tank manufacturers products unnecessary.
What and interesting statement.

Perhaps things are different in Florida, but I think it is extremely rare for person who has city water available when their house was built to have a well that supplies water for the household use. Of course, those who had a well before city water was available would be an exception, or those who live in Flint, MI.

So, when one looks at the vast majority of people who have wells supplying their household water, they do not have a choice. Our family farm is 11 miles from the nearest city water supply and will never have city water available. As such, saying "good quality city water causes YOU and the pump industry problems by making both you and the pump/tank manufacturers products unnecessary" actually doesn't make sense!

And by the way, I have a hydrant in my front yard and was expecting that to provide a discount in my homeowners insurance. It did not!

What and interesting statement.

Perhaps things are different in Florida, but I think it is extremely rare for person who has city water available when their house was built to have a well that supplies water for the household use. Of course, those who had a well before city water was available would be an exception, or those who live in Flint, MI.

So, when one looks at the vast majority of people who have wells supplying their household water, they do not have a choice. Our family farm is 11 miles from the nearest city water supply and will never have city water available. As such, saying "good quality city water causes YOU and the pump industry problems by making both you and the pump/tank manufacturers products unnecessary" actually doesn't make sense!

And by the way, I have a hydrant in my front yard and was expecting that to provide a discount in my homeowners insurance. It did not!
You’re welcome to your opinion.

However, wells are not the future or the trend. City water will eventually be available everywhere.

Plenty of wells are contaminated that people are drinking from, it’s not just city water.

It wouldn’t make sense having a neighborhood with 4,000 homes to have 4,000 wells……🤣🤡

I hope you have a great day 👍

I monitor a Homesteading Forum with over 1000 members and wells are the normal way to remove water from the earth. I appreciate Valveman's participation here for those who either choose to pump their own water, or have no city water available.

I monitor a Homesteading Forum with over 1000 members and wells are the normal way to remove water from the earth. I appreciate Valveman's participation here for those who either choose to pump their own water, or have no city water available.
Well of course, no pun intended.

If you can’t get city water or the city water providers suck at what they do…..there’s no other choice but a well or trucking water in.

95% of Americans get at least some of their water from a community water service AKA city water.

But my point is, if city water is available and it’s good quality it’s best for the homeowner to connect rather than using a well for household needs.

Pumping it out of the ground most of the time is only 1/2 the battle. You then must treat that water in some way or there are problems.

Valveman likes to cast shade on pump and tank manufacturers that claim his product is disruptive to the market.

And you don’t think city water isn’t disruptive to everyone in the pump industry ? Of course it is. Think of how many well pumps and cyclestop valves you could sell if not for city water.

I think I’ve made my point and stated my opinion. Enough said.

Last edited:
This pump is only a year old and has already gone through a pressure switch and now the regulators leaking.
C099295A-8E9A-44F3-9162-6AD9BD893733.jpeg7AD7C451-C950-4B76-959C-454FDDA48FA3.jpeg7AD7C451-C950-4B76-959C-454FDDA48FA3.jpegDE928642-A807-4155-BE2E-DC8295B4FAA2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back