Well problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFreely

Reaction score
I don't know much about wells but I have submersible pump/in well pressure tank. I don't know the difference.

Anyways, it's only 3 years old and it shut off on me a week ago. I had the installers come out and check it. I was under the impression that I had a five year warranty. They said it was just the tank that had the warranty. blah blah. if you know any general warranty stuff that would be great. They replaced the check valve ( definitely cracked) and the pressure switch, aired up tank to 35 ( it was at 17). Everything worked for about 3 more days. It shut off on me and I reset it. Worked for a day or two. Reset. Called them back out. They couldn't find any thing wrong. Control box supposedly checked and all parts good. He said my motor was at 25%. Is this a thing? Couldn't get it to fail again while he was here. Now I'm stuck between a rock and hard place.

Now it's shutting of about every two hours or so. Besides the tank itself is there anything else that this could be or does this tank need to be replaced.

Any help at all appreciated. Thanks. J Freely

Sorry for your problem. I actually own the patent on the In Well pressure tank. Although, in over 30 years I was never able to make it reliable or hold enough water to keep from destroying the pump. The IN Well tank only holds about 1/2 gallon of water, and the way the diaphragm works it only last for a certain amount of pump cycles. The In Well tank is certainly not large enough to use without a VFD or a Cycle Stop Valve controlling the pump. If you have the VFD type control that is less reliable than the In Well tank. But if you have a Cycle Stop Valve installed below the In Well tank, you can add another small 4.5 gallon size tank somewhere in the house and we can make this a very dependable and long lasting system.
PK1A submersible well seal.jpg

Back